Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team (like ratemyface, but less messy)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheGNUru » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:16 pm

I think you could use some SP and RP help... you have talent there but they are ALL injury prone outside of Harang... who which as you know I'm not a big fan of.

In a 10 team league, you rshould have been able to swing someone better than Putz.
TheGNUru
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -47)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Johnny Tuttle » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:24 pm

I would support getting Wright, but I don't see how you do it just yet.

I agree with you: the more categories there are, the more devalued are steals. And steals guys can kill you elsewhere.

But this is OBP, not SLG or OPS. And it's AVG, too. If a guy like Juan Pierre is over your mean OBP/AVG, he helps you out a lot.

That's why I chose Hanley for you: his avg & obp should be comparable to Guillen. You just get more steals.

You don't need many to keep afloat each week. More importantly, you need one obvious threat who gets good OBP and AVG to keep your runs up (these are all related) and to force someone into playing a sinkhole like Taveras to beat you.

Also, in a k/9 league, look for Broxton off the wire. Trust me. You can afford a high k/9 middle reliever who could get saves here and there.
Johnny Tuttle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 11)

Postby FleshForFantasy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:49 pm

Johnny Tuttle wrote:I would support getting Wright, but I don't see how you do it just yet.

I agree with you: the more categories there are, the more devalued are steals. And steals guys can kill you elsewhere.

But this is OBP, not SLG or OPS. And it's AVG, too. If a guy like Juan Pierre is over your mean OBP/AVG, he helps you out a lot.

That's why I chose Hanley for you: his avg & obp should be comparable to Guillen. You just get more steals.

You don't need many to keep afloat each week. More importantly, you need one obvious threat who gets good OBP and AVG to keep your runs up (these are all related) and to force someone into playing a sinkhole like Taveras to beat you.

Also, in a k/9 league, look for Broxton off the wire. Trust me. You can afford a high k/9 middle reliever who could get saves here and there.

It actually IS OPS, lol. You are right about Broxton. Unfortunately he is already taken.

RE: Pitchers being all injury prone, this is 100% true. But that is the chance I have to take. Right now as constructed, my team projects to a .940 OPS, a .300 average, and about 14 HR's a week. I haven't done out the spreadsheets for the other teams, but I'd say that's pretty close to the top. If you win 6 categories, then you've won the week. If Colon, Patterson, Sabathia stay healthy; and Harang does as well as I think he can, then that's a pretty solid 1-4. Throw in a Wang start for wins, and a Santana who is likely to improve, I can see picking up at least one of the other 5 pitching categories.

RE: Putz-- I wish I could've gotten get better. There was a run on closers right after my turn, and I actually had to trade for him.

I appreciate all the comments. I'll see how I do this first could of week and get back to everyone regarding my roster.
FleshForFantasy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Johnny Tuttle » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:57 pm

Damn it. !+)

Check the OPSs for Guillen and Hanley at least. Don't let my being an idiot get in the way of a maybe good idea.

Do you have daily lineups? I've played in leagues like this, and you can always have a BJ Upton type on the pine to play on the weekend to grab a quick steal or two without hurting your OPS too much.

Is Neshek gone? Todd Coffey?
Johnny Tuttle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 11)

Postby illcommunication » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:28 pm

Thanks for checking mine!!...

Overall, a very good team. You got great hitters in there, but Chase is the only one thats going to keep your Average above water.
For the pitching, Im not tooo high on Putz or Valverde, but thats just me... the rest of the pitching staff looks decent.. especially with Anibal and CC.

Rate Mine!:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=267097
illcommunication
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby rib217 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:11 pm

Solid team

i think you could use a little SP help and personally i don't like the A. Jones and Glaus combo as they will butcher your avg between the two of them.
I'd keep Jones and try and deal Glaus possibly package Glaus and a SP to get a better SP and an adequte 3b

thanks for your help with mine
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -7)

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team