era
whip
sv

What am I strong in, very strong in?
What am I weak in, very weak in ?

What should I do to improve?

here is my plan so far:

I Dled Wang, and Furcal
dropping Rivera for Wiggington (he can play lots of spots and is in the heart of the order)
i have three empty spots
picking up Torres, victorino, AL Reyes

proposed trade: My Eithier for Izzy (not this probibly wont get done, but he is looking to move him. He asked if there were any takers right after draft.)
If I do lose an OF for Izzy, I still have Victorino coming on to my team

I could also part with Contreras, Burrell or Sanchez

12 team H2H

R, HR, RBI, SB, FPCT, OPS

C Joe Mauer (Min - C)
1B Albert Pujols (StL - 1B)
2B Plácido Polanco (Det - 2B)
3B Scott Rolen (StL - 3B)
SS Jimmy Rollins (Phi - SS)
CI Carlos Delgado (NYM - 1B)
MI Rafael Furcal (LAD - SS)
OF Álex Ríos (Tor - OF)
OF J.D. Drew (Bos - OF)
OF Brad Hawpe (Col - OF)
Util Pat Burrell (Phi - OF)
BN Frank Thomas (Tor - Util)
BN Juan Rivera (LAA - OF)
BN Andre Ethier (LAD - OF)

W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

SP Brandon Webb (Ari - SP)
SP Scott Kazmir (TB - SP)
RP Takashi Saito (LAD - RP)
RP --empty
P Chien-Ming Wang (NYY - SP)
P Dontrelle Willis (Fla - SP)
P Chris Capuano (Mil - SP)
BN José Contreras (CWS - SP)
BN Anibal Sánchez (Fla - SP)
BN Anthony Reyes (StL - SP)
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jase218 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:20 am

I think your lineup is extremely good. Your pitching staff has a lot of talent, but not too much experience. Webb and Kazmir are solid, but not too sure after that. Willis and Capuano could have big or so-so years. There isn't anyone on your pitching staff I don't like, everyone seems pretty solid. Honestly, I would not touch a single thing about your team. I would love to have your team!

that's funny you responded to my clemens post, i was just about to ask you for help!!

i would appreciate it if you would respond to any of my posts b/c i really like your knowledge of the game. i would be up to helping you out with any questions you need.
jase218
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby jase218 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:21 am

jealousblues, which one of my pitchers would you drop to pick up clemens, wang is on the dl right now, so i would need to drop someone...
jase218
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:38 am

Your team is certainly well-balanced between power, speed, average, etc, and I like your SPs good enough. As you said, your RP situation is hurting. Why are you shooting for Izzy particularly? I'd set your eyes on something more stable...why go through the trouble for a guy that has a relatively heavy probability of being a bust...
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -15)

Postby jealousblues » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:40 am

jase218 wrote:jealousblues, which one of my pitchers would you drop to pick up clemens, wang is on the dl right now, so i would need to drop someone...

I dont understand. In my league you can put Wang on the Dl and have an extra spot to work with until he is back (yahoo)
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby jealousblues » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:42 am

OneLoveBoomer wrote:Your team is certainly well-balanced between power, speed, average, etc, and I like your SPs good enough. As you said, your RP situation is hurting. Why are you shooting for Izzy particularly? I'd set your eyes on something more stable...why go through the trouble for a guy that has a relatively heavy probability of being a bust...

because as we were drafting I was making jokes about him being bad and an injury risk (as a joke, ive been after him at one time or another the last two years. It became a joke after a while and I wasnt serious) but as soon as the draft was over and the guy signed on (I think he auto drafted) he was bummed about him and asked if anyone wanted him.

I thought there was a chance to get him for dirt.
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Warpigs » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:52 am

In my opinion, both Ethier and Juan Rivera are expendable. Who are on your waivers right now? Usually the best way to improve at closer is to work the wiaver wire carefully, picking up guys who could be promoted to the position really soon (like Dan Wheeler, Dustin Hermanson, MGonzalez/RSoriano, etc)
Warpigs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jealousblues » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:59 am

Waiver 1: Juan Rivera for Ty Wigginton pending until Apr 3 - [ details - edit priority ]

Waiver 2: --empty-- for Shane Victorino pending until Apr 3 - [ details - edit priority ]

Waiver 3: --empty-- for Salomon Torres pending until Apr 3 - [ details - edit priority ]

these are what I have as far as claims (im last in WW anyway)

Reyes, weathers, wheeler, and soriano are available. Mike G is not.

im also using Ethier in a proposal for a closer (that probibly wont be accepted ethier for Izzy...
so its a crap shoot either way. the guy wants to unload Izzy because of the injury risk. )

I have a wang and furcal Dl'ed right now. so I have a couple spots to work with for a while.
I figure Wigginton can be a super sub and hit in a good spot in TB lineup.

Ill probibly have to end up dropping victorino when Furcal comes back. But Id like to hang onto Torres.
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby bigshoww82 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:02 am

ur definitely set for hitting but ur pitching is pretty shaky. not a wang fan at all even after he comes back from the DL, IMO the 19 wins lat yr made him way overrated. u could easily make some moves trading hitting for pitching, u just have to be willing to give up some star hitters to get some star pitchers. in essence, dont be afraid to move a big name hitters cuz u have good depth there
bigshoww82
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jealousblues » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:04 am

I worry about that because I feel my OF is weak, though I could stand to lose Burrell. But I doubt anyone wants him.
He could be packaged for a decent closer though.
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team