Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just drafted last night

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just drafted last night

Postby IrishDrunk » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:02 pm

How'd I do? 14 Team, H2H Points, 5 man per team keeper League.

Start:

1 each of C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, DH
3 OF
3 SP
2 RP

Thanks!

Roster:

C Ramon Hernandez-Bal

1B Lyle Overbay-Tor
1B Conor Jackson-Ari

2B Ian Kinsler-Tex
2B Chris Burke-Hou

SS Michael Young-Tex
SS Stephen Drew-Ari

3B Troy Glaus-Tor
3B Kevin Kouzmanoff-SD

OF Hideki Matsui-NYY
OF Bobby Abreu-NYY
OF Carlos Lee-Hou
OF David Dellucci-Cle
OF Chris Young-Ari

SP Johan Santana-Min
SP Ervin Santana-Ana
SP Chris Young-SD
SP Jeff Francis-Col
SP Daniel Cabrera-Bal
SP Chuck James-Atl

RP BJ Ryan-Tor
RP Scot Shields-Ana
RP Taylor Tankersley-Fla
IrishDrunk
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby IrishDrunk » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:13 pm

That bad?! :~(
IrishDrunk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby baseballstud » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:47 pm

i think you did decent.1b and 2b are both pretty weak, but you did OK in the OF. Your top 3 starters are strong, and if Daniel Cabrera can do what people are hoping then that could be a huge steal for you.
baseballstud
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 33)

Postby IrishDrunk » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:59 pm

baseballstud wrote:i think you did decent.1b and 2b are both pretty weak, but you did OK in the OF. Your top 3 starters are strong, and if Daniel Cabrera can do what people are hoping then that could be a huge steal for you.

Yeah, I'm hoping Kinsler keeps up his hot spring and puts last year's dislocated finger behind him....I, too, hope Cabrera is a steal! :-)
IrishDrunk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BUCCOFAN » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:16 am

Thats a pretty sick team..... for a 14 team league.

Sure 1B is weak, but its a deep position, and I bet you will be surprised with Overbay's production this year, I see a career year for him....

2B is solid, Kinsler will be a top 5 at season end, count on it, and Burke, is a sleeper finally getting playing time.

You look solid.....

thanks for helping me out,

P.S. How did you get that rotation, in a 14 team league.
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 497)

Postby IrishDrunk » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:23 am

BUCCOFAN wrote:Thats a pretty sick team..... for a 14 team league.

Sure 1B is weak, but its a deep position, and I bet you will be surprised with Overbay's production this year, I see a career year for him....

2B is solid, Kinsler will be a top 5 at season end, count on it, and Burke, is a sleeper finally getting playing time.

You look solid.....

thanks for helping me out,

P.S. How did you get that rotation, in a 14 team league.

Thanks for the praise - I hope all goes as planned! :)

I kept Lee, Matsui, Abreu, Ryan, and Johan as keepers...I took Michael Young with that #1 pick, (best SS available, since SS is terrible at depth), and went Ervin and Chris Young with my 2nd and 3rd round...

I also had high hope for both Overbay and Kinsler...:fingers crossed:

:)
IrishDrunk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby redsoxsucker » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:43 pm

it's very well balanced and as others have mentioned, very solid for a 14 team league. My only question is whether you need to have each position backed up so linearly. Likley you will need to make FA moves over the season and hopefully you're not hell bent on keeping each spot so perfectly backed up (except C). You might be able to horde a couple better back ups if you open you flexibility on your bench.

Overall, great job!

Good luck
A-Rod is a little B*tch
[img]C:\Personal\Pictures\Sox%20Game%20and%20Jenn\cubssox%20marquee.jpg[/img]
redsoxsucker
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigshoww82 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:04 am

this looks like a pretty good team in a 14 team league. id imagine its one of the best. good job getting all high upside guys for u backups. i dunno if trot nixon is available but i think he'll be better than dellucci. i think chris young will have a big yr and cabrera will finally start to gain some control in his pitches and get u 13 or so wins, anywhere from 180-200 K's and a era in the low 4's. ur weak spot is probably closer since u only have 1 out of 3 spots but in a 14 team league thats understandable...since tankersley isnt the closer i would pick up julio if someone hasnt already or check if any of these guys are available: broxton, zumaya, torres, dempster
bigshoww82
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby IrishDrunk » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:01 am

bigshoww82 wrote:this looks like a pretty good team in a 14 team league. id imagine its one of the best. good job getting all high upside guys for u backups. i dunno if trot nixon is available but i think he'll be better than dellucci. i think chris young will have a big yr and cabrera will finally start to gain some control in his pitches and get u 13 or so wins, anywhere from 180-200 K's and a era in the low 4's. ur weak spot is probably closer since u only have 1 out of 3 spots but in a 14 team league thats understandable...since tankersley isnt the closer i would pick up julio if someone hasnt already or check if any of these guys are available: broxton, zumaya, torres, dempster

Julio blew his first save though the other day...his life is very limited...I am hoping that they give Tankersley the job as soon as he comes off the DL...as for everyone else, only Broxton is available (and we don't have WW pickups until the 3rd week....)...

We'll see! Thanks for the input!
IrishDrunk
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team