Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

draft completed, need help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

draft completed, need help

Postby buckshot » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:01 pm

Hi guys! I`m from Switzerland and this is my first fantasy baseball year. I play in a H2H League with standard 5x5 scoring cats + OPS/Holds.

Well, this is my team (auto-drafted):

C Joe Mauer
1B David Ortiz
2B Jeff kent
3B Scott Rolen
SS Orlando Cabrera
CF Jim Edmonds
OF Lance Berkman
OF Pat Burrell
Util Brian McCann
BN Morgan Ensberg (3B)
BN Josh Willingham (OF)
BN Orlando Hudson (2B)

SP Carlos Zambrano
SP Aaron Harang
RP Bobby Jenks
RP Armando Benitez
P Justin Verlander
P Nate Robertson
BN Clay Hensley (SP,RP)
BN Tim Hudson (SP)

What do you think about my team? Who should I try to trade. Which players should I add from the FA market?

Marcus Giles
Bobby Crosby
Jhonny Peralta
Jason Varitek
Craig Biggio
Brad Wilkerson
Pedro Feliz
Geoff Jenkins
Aaron Rowand
Andre Ethier
Kevin Kouzmanoff
Esteban German
Wes Helms
Matt Kemp
Cliff Lee
Jeremy Sowers
Kei Igawa
Woddy Willaims
Hector Carrasco
Matt Capps
Dennys Reyes
Scott Proctor
buckshot
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby buckshot » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:56 pm

Nobody with an idea?
buckshot
T-Ball Trainer

Postby schmidty » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:23 pm

Tell us how many teams are in the league. That's essential to tell how good/bad you are.

I'm guess there are many teams (14?), because your roster isn't that big but the FA list is very sparse. There's a special lineup spot for CF but not the other OF positions? Edmonds is a VERY serious injury risk. I'd consider a back-up. 2B and SS are weak, but I don't see anyone better on the FA list. But you have 2 elite catchers. You don't need that. Try to trade one for a guy to fill in one of your weak spots. Your team is seriously lacking speed too.

SP seems good. Starts off strong, tapers off, but what are you going to do. I don't see better FAs. RPs aren't great, but if its a 14-team (or more) league its probably competitive. You have no guys to get you holds though. Unless you punt the cat completely, you'll need to adress that.

So ... lots of holes, and little on the FA list to help you out. Check out the roster of other teams, and start thinking of trade offers. McCann or Mauer are MUST trades. Trade for fair value (these guys go typically from 30-60 in drafts - go for a guy the same level, or throw in other players to even out a trade).
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -6)

Postby buckshot » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:40 pm

schmidty wrote:Tell us how many teams are in the league. That's essential to tell how good/bad you are.

I'm guess there are many teams (14?), because your roster isn't that big but the FA list is very sparse.

Yes, there are 14 teams in the league.

schmidty wrote:There's a special lineup spot for CF but not the other OF positions?

yes, 1 CF spot and 2 OF spots

schmidty wrote:McCann or Mauer are MUST trades. Trade for fair value (these guys go typically from 30-60 in drafts - go for a guy the same level, or throw in other players to even out a trade

I already tried to trade McCann but wasn`t successful yet.

Thanks schmidty for showing me the weak points in my team; I definitely have a lot of work to do ;)
buckshot
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team