Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

New to the Cafe... Any Help Appriciated WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New to the Cafe... Any Help Appriciated WHIR

Postby nothingtoproveco » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:09 am

Hey All, I just recently found the Cafe and was hoping to get some insight on my team. I'm playing in a head to head, 12 team 5x5 yahoo league and drafted last night. I have a severe lack of speed but it is something that I am OK with in the grand scheme of things. Here's my lineup:

C - Michael Barrett
1B - Derek Lee
2B - Ian Kinsler
3B - Miguel Cabrera
SS - Miguel Tejada
OF - Vladimir Guerrero
OF - Rocco Baldelli
OF - Michael Cuddyer
UTL - Jim Thome
BN - Adam LaRoche
BN - Lyle Overbay

SP - Ben Sheets
SP - Curt Shilling
RP - JJ Putz
RP - BJ Ryan
P - Mike Mussina
P - Josh Beckett
P - AJ Burnett
BN - Derek Lowe
BN - Scott Olsen
BN - Kenny Rodgers

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I am more than willing to help out in return if you post a link to your team.
nothingtoproveco
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kevink » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:56 am

I think if Schilling, Baldelli and Thome stay healthy you will be rockin rollin.
Kevink
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: -1)

Postby bceagles04 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:13 pm

Your hitting has the potential do be flat out nasty. Especially for a 12 teamer! Nice drafting.

Your pitching is good, not great. I'd sit tight till you figure out what you need
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -8)

Postby nnamssub3 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:16 pm

I agree with the above post. Sit tight for now, and figure out what you need when the season gets started.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=260648
nnamssub3
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sixer03fan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:42 pm

thanks for the help on mine.

but wow! this team is amazing for a 12 teamer. you got 3 potential first rounders on offense in tejada, cab, and vlad, not to mention lee, thome and a solid catcher in barrett? jesus. and your pitching is pretty damn good too. sheets, schilling, burnett, and beckett have high ceilings and you have one of the best closers in the game. damn son. cruise on to the 'ship in this league.

good luck!
sixer03fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Ars3nal » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:03 pm

Thanks for helping with mine. The only problem I have with your hitters is Ian Kinsler. I really like him, but more as a UTIL than an everyday fantasy starter. He has potential to bea top 10 2B, I hope b/c I have him too. I would be a little worried with your pitchers. If Sheets can be the ace we all know he can be, and if Beckett can bounce back, you'll be fine. Good team.
Ars3nal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dc928 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:30 pm

You are going to need a speed guy, I get burn last year with a similar lineup, great power, good avg but virtually 0 speed. I figure if I get people we can steal me 10 to 20 bases in my lineup then I am fine. But I was dead wrong, that is when I figure out damn speed is very important. I usually want someone who can get me at least 30 steals. That is why players like Reyes, and Rollins get drafted so high. But no worries check the wavier to see if someone cheap like Duffy is avilable or see if Shane Victorino is avilable I think he is probably in your wavier and he might steal 20 bases. Speed always get ignored in draft but sometimes I think it is easier to get power than speed. You can have 10 1B that might hit 30 HRs 100 Rbis but you might only have 5 player who can steal 30 to 40 bases.

Besides speed I don't see many problems with your lineup, Schiling and Burnett is always an injury risk but they have some upside. Beckett on the other hand is someone I want to aviod. I mean he is a good pitcher but he ptiches in American League East with teams like NY Yanks, Toronto Blue Jays, Orieals, even Tampa Bay can knock you around just see his ERA last year. I might try to see if you can sell him high. I am not suggesting you to dumb him outright but if you can sell him high than do it.

Plesae help with mine:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=261072
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby yankeeman » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:53 pm

bceagles04 wrote:Your hitting has the potential do be flat out nasty. Especially for a 12 teamer! Nice drafting.

Your pitching is good, not great. I'd sit tight till you figure out what you need

i agree!
Jeter+Arod=destruction.........and blood....lots and lots of blood
yankeeman
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wrestlecd » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:07 pm

Thanks for the help on mine! For a 12 team league your lineup is great. I had to reread the beginning of your post looked like a 10 team league. I would sit tight for now. Maybe send out some feelers for steals but dont make the deal unless it is cheap or makes sense.
Hope this helps
wrestlecd
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Analysis Paralysis » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:29 pm

That's a terrific team. You should rock your league.
Analysis Paralysis
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team