Return to Baseball Leftovers

AL vs. NL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

AL vs. NL

Postby raygunpunx » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:22 pm

You have 2 = value pitchers. 1 from the NL and one from the AL which you are trying to decide who to draft.

NL guy will face the pitcher and weaker lineups but will be pinch hit for and not go as deep in games.

AL guy won't get pinch hit for but face tougher lineups.

So whats the better choice?
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shmolex » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:25 pm

It depends on the league settings you're using. If you have CG as a category, I might lean toward the AL guy. If not probably then probably the NL guy.

This is of course assuming that the teams they play for are also equally good.
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby greenandgold » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:28 pm

I guess it depends on what you mean by "equal," if they both have equal predicted stats then I would imagine you have already included the NL vs AL slant. If they both have equal talent and work ethic then you should look at what team they are on, what park they play in, what division they play in, and maybe give a boost to the NL pitcher.
greenandgold
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: -23)

Postby Tavish » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:31 pm

shmolex wrote:It depends on the league settings you're using. If you have CG as a category, I might lean toward the AL guy. If not probably then probably the NL guy.

This is of course assuming that the teams they play for are also equally good.

The NL tends to have more complete games and when you boil it down to a player-by-player level the two leagues are basically identical in what to expect from one pitcher. I think its a trick question, if you have two equal value pitchers then it doesn't matter what league they play in. They are worth the same.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -511)

Return to Baseball Leftovers