Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chris Iannetta

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby hot4tx » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:15 pm

I agree he's a pretty good bargain now. I'd go pick him up but then I'd be beaten, tarred and feathered here when he gets hurt. :-°
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:16 pm

I think it's safe to say now he's got the #1 spot. I hope management doesn't decide to have split ABs.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -9)

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:19 pm

hot4tx wrote:I agree he's a pretty good bargain now. I'd go pick him up but then I'd be beaten, tarred and feathered here when he gets hurt. :-°

Yes, stay away. I paid relatively good money for him, all things considered.
Want an easy icon?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=133
All you have to do is beat a few guys at picking Sunday's winners.[/url]
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -302)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Chris Iannetta

Postby kemper5 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:07 pm

I still do not see Iannetta getting over 400 AB's, the Rox will split time as with everything and Ianetta & Torrealba will each have 275-325 AB's..The Rockies love splitting time at alot of positions..Hawpe,Matsui,Carroll,Ianetta,Torrealba,Baker,Barmes,Tulowitzki all will not get over 450+ AB's..Holliday,Atkins and Maybe Helton if he can stay healthy will be the only guys out there to get over 500AB's..Even Tavarez in CF will get spelled, just the way the Rockies like to roll.
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chris Iannetta

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:12 pm

kemper5 wrote:I still do not see Iannetta getting over 400 AB's, the Rox will split time as with everything and Ianetta & Torrealba will each have 275-325 AB's..The Rockies love splitting time at alot of positions..Hawpe,Matsui,Carroll,Ianetta,Torrealba,Baker,Barmes,Tulowitzki all will not get over 450+ AB's..Holliday,Atkins and Maybe Helton if he can stay healthy will be the only guys out there to get over 500AB's..Even Tavarez in CF will get spelled, just the way the Rockies like to roll.

Playing time = performance. It's just that they haven't had a lot of good regulars. I like Ianetta but for some reason, no COL catchers ever put up monster numbers like some other positions.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Chris Iannetta

Postby kemper5 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:28 pm

I see a very 350 AB', 9 HR's, 47 RBI, .279 Ave split time type of year. I watch the Rox almost nighly here in Colorado and Hurdle loves to platoon guys more than any other coach it seems..The Rockies only had 3 guys in 06 with 500+ AB's (Atkins,Helton and Holliday) in 2005 they only had 2 guys with 500+ AB's, in 2004 just a few also. Just watching alot you see Sub's going in quite a bit from the 6 inning on and I totally see the Catcher situation as part of that.
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Chris Iannetta

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:38 pm

kemper5 wrote:I see a very 350 AB', 9 HR's, 47 RBI, .279 Ave split time type of year. I watch the Rox almost nighly here in Colorado and Hurdle loves to platoon guys more than any other coach it seems..The Rockies only had 3 guys in 06 with 500+ AB's (Atkins,Helton and Holliday) in 2005 they only had 2 guys with 500+ AB's, in 2004 just a few also. Just watching alot you see Sub's going in quite a bit from the 6 inning on and I totally see the Catcher situation as part of that.

As I said the reason why they have these platoons is due to the talent/performance rather than their philosophy. If they had more guys like Atkins and Holliday, then do you think they would split playing time? Even Hawpe, if he started hitting lefties, he would not be sharing PT.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Chris Iannetta

Postby kemper5 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:49 pm

Even though Holliday, Atkins and Helton get their AB's, Im not sure Hurdle would do a transition this year of keeping a player in more to get significant AB's (500+)other than those three. Hawpe's on the cusp, but I still think Baker will steal 250-300 AB's jumping around between RF and 1st. I mean the Rockies have Baker, Koshansky (who Im sure will cut into AB's 200+) and even when they had Shealy the last few years and all those minor league players were absolute monsters in AAA. The Rockies basically have a slew of great hitters and I totally see much platooning besides the big 3. If their was one wildcard to get more than 450-500 AB's Id have to go with Hawpe & Taveras and thats about it.. If Hurdle left Baker and Koshansky alone and just let them play to see what we could do Im confident we's have young Atkins and Holliday on our hands, but I do not see that happening this year
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Old_Style » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 pm

He actually went undrafted in a 20 team league I'm in. I passed on him and took Jason Kendall because he's a reliable bat. Didn't take Ianetta because I figured Lopez would the starting catcher.
In other words, I'll be picking up Ianetta within the next few minutes. ;-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -218)

Postby dooz » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:11 pm

Old_Style wrote: In other words, I'll be picking up Ianetta within the next few minutes. ;-D

In an 18 teamer and doing the same. I took montero because I thought he'd play more but ill take a chance on iannetta out playing torrealba.
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers