Return to Baseball Leftovers

I Hate Yahoo....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SignGuy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:30 pm

ugh...that was a hypothetical statement.
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hot4tx » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:30 pm

Yahoo killed my baby daddy! :-t
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 72)

Postby jnormy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:37 pm

SignGuy wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
SignGuy wrote:
Mugrila wrote:So you're trying to pull a fast one on somebody, but Yahoo has built in ethics enforcers?

how is trading mcclung "pulling a fast one?" i sent over a proposal and the kid said he was about to click accept until he saw the yahoo update. what does ethics have to do it? liek i said, im just ranting about how frustrating it is.

you said that you knew the other guy had no idea that McClung was getting roghed up, that means you knew McClung was and you were taking advantage of someone b/c he didn't know a fact that you did

that does not even come close to "taking advantage" of someone. "taking advantage" has negative/sneaky connotations and i did neither of those. i only knew he had no knowledge of this unitl AFTER he rejected the trade. maybe me talking up mcclung while knowing he was getting rocked constitutes as taking advantage but cmon give me a break..... all i did was offer him.

Three things here are a little out of whack, IMO:

1) The fact that the guy was all set to hit "accept" without doing one iota of his own research on the player he'd be getting
2) The fact that the guy needed Yahoo to tell him McClung sucks in the first place
3) The fact that you "hate Yahoo" for providing extra tidbits of player information as a service to its users

I know you're just venting dude, but you've got bigger problems than Yahoo if you're in a league with owners who are "too stupid to know better." Where's the challenge and fun in that? (Unless it's a money league of course, lol)

I almost hate to ask whom you were getting in return... Vlad? Crawford? J. Santana? :-°
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 31)

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:41 pm

SignGuy wrote:ugh...that was a hypothetical statement.

In what way? You thought you were going to make a nice deal, but the other guy found out the truth about who he was getting and decided not to do it. I don't see where you can complain because someone avoided getting ripped off.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby greenandgold » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:48 pm

Yahoo! said McClung is sucking... and that was new information?
greenandgold
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: -23)

Postby SignGuy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:50 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
SignGuy wrote:ugh...that was a hypothetical statement.

In what way? You thought you were going to make a nice deal, but the other guy found out the truth about who he was getting and decided not to do it. I don't see where you can complain because someone avoided getting ripped off.

*sigh* ....you bolded the "talking up" sentence that i wrote implying that i did in fact talk him up while i offered the deal further implying that i was being sneaky....i replied it was a hypothetical statement implying that if i did indeed talk him up then i would agree that i was pulling a fast one but i didnt talk him, it was a hypothetical statement...got it?

and noone is complainig.....it was a little vent that is getting out of hand because a few of you cant see that when its plain is day....you guys work for yahoo or something????? so defensive...
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:53 pm

This is going downhill fast. Too fast. :-o
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -487)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers