Return to Baseball Leftovers

I Hate Yahoo....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I Hate Yahoo....

Postby SignGuy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:48 pm

dont you hate it when you are trying to trade someone and that stupid player update asterisk appears only to show how shi**y the person is performing? let the people do their own research ugh...

i had a perfect deal all set up to deal McClung but now the other owner backed out because of what the player update said. how frustrating
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yankee_cafe » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:51 pm

I fail to see how this is Yahoo's fault.
Can we build it?
yankee_cafe
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SignGuy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:53 pm

because the kid im dealing with is too stupid to know better, but when its thrown in his face that mcclung is stinking up the joint is screwed me out of my deal in this particular instance. obviously for yahoo its in their best interests to post this news, im just ranting how frustrating it is.
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mugrila » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:55 pm

So you're trying to pull a fast one on somebody, but Yahoo has built in ethics enforcers?
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
(Past Year: -70)

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:00 pm

Mugrila wrote:So you're trying to pull a fast one on somebody, but Yahoo has built in ethics enforcers?

:-D

Damn Yahoo. ;-7 :-b
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -486)

Postby SignGuy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:03 pm

Mugrila wrote:So you're trying to pull a fast one on somebody, but Yahoo has built in ethics enforcers?

how is trading mcclung "pulling a fast one?" i sent over a proposal and the kid said he was about to click accept until he saw the yahoo update. what does ethics have to do it? liek i said, im just ranting about how frustrating it is.
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SignGuy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:14 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
SignGuy wrote:

how is trading mcclung "pulling a fast one?" i sent over a proposal and the kid said he was about to click accept until he saw the yahoo update. what does ethics have to do it? liek i said, im just ranting about how frustrating it is.

you said that you knew the other guy had no idea that McClung was getting roghed up, that means you knew McClung was and you were taking advantage of someone b/c he didn't know a fact that you did

that does not even come close to "taking advantage" of someone. "taking advantage" has negative/sneaky connotations and i did neither of those. i only knew he had no knowledge of this unitl AFTER he rejected the trade. maybe me talking up mcclung while knowing he was getting rocked constitutes as taking advantage but cmon give me a break..... all i did was offer him.
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:27 pm

SignGuy wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
SignGuy wrote:

you said that you knew the other guy had no idea that McClung was getting roghed up, that means you knew McClung was and you were taking advantage of someone b/c he didn't know a fact that you did

that does not even come close to "taking advantage" of someone. "taking advantage" has negative/sneaky connotations and i did neither of those. i only knew he had no knowledge of this unitl AFTER he rejected the trade. maybe me talking up mcclung while knowing he was getting rocked constitutes as taking advantage but cmon give me a break..... all i did was offer him.

Looks like you did do it to me. :-?
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers