Return to General Talk

South Park

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
cordscords wrote:The episode was over the top, but it wasnt as funny or smart as last weeks episode.
Smarter no but I laughed hard twice at last week's episode and that was it. Once during Wheel of Fortune and once when Randy went in front on Congress. The rest was OK but not hilarious. Everytime Cartman was on screen this week I was laughing hard.

I actually found the funniest parts of last week's show as both of Butter's lines:

"A midget?"

and

"Fellas, fellas. Come quick! Cartman's gonna fight the midget!"
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:29 am

Yeah, this most recent episode definitely trumps last week's. I'm not sure the idea behind this week's episode was more clever -- there are parts of the week before where I can't distinguish between satire and their message -- but it definitely got more laughs out of me.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -328)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:02 am

davidmarver wrote:Yeah, this most recent episode definitely trumps last week's. I'm not sure the idea behind this week's episode was more clever -- there are parts of the week before where I can't distinguish between satire and their message -- but it definitely got more laughs out of me.

maybe you're confused...do you need me to be your accountabillabuddy ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -115)

Postby 5 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:37 pm

Oh that camp was really funny. I thought the flaming speaker was going to be that Reverend Taggart guy. Butters is a great character.

Cartman's slide show cracked me up too.
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Postby RAmst23 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:18 pm

I thought last night's was ok, though IMO it had one of the funnier South Park moments you'll find. Butters' Dad walking in when Cartman was trying to reverse the gay polarity.. I laughed out loud for awhile after that scene.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:30 pm

j24jags wrote:New episode tonight so I figured I'd dig this up ;-D

Woo hoo.

I'll have to DVR it.

The last one was pretty funny. Although I don't really enjoy thinking about male on male action
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:23 pm

The premise doesn't seem as funny from the previews, but with how far South Park can stretch any given plotline, it'd truly be foolish to think in such terms. Can't wait, may the upward trend continue with another even funnier episode.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby cordscords » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:52 pm

I missed it :(

How was it?
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter