Return to Classifieds

Rotohog.com

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby prozacatac » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:25 pm

Usually by going through the positions you can find some easy bargains. If I were you thats what I would do first. You are going to have to pay full value for guys like Pujols, Howard etc. The key to winning is to finding the bargains. They will go up in value as the season starts and more people buy them, and then you can sell them and get better players.
prozacatac
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Grouperman941 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:33 pm

prozacatac wrote:Usually by going through the positions you can find some easy bargains. If I were you thats what I would do first. You are going to have to pay full value for guys like Pujols, Howard etc. The key to winning is to finding the bargains. They will go up in value as the season starts and more people buy them, and then you can sell them and get better players.

Oh, yeah. I already did -- there are some great ones -- mostly guys who had poor seasons 'with excuse' last year. Guys like Hermida and Markakis for $1, for example. Another spot is closers -- guys who did not close last year but could this year. Even if the market drove them up to like $5 in May after good starts, I could either hold them for their stats or turn them into one $8 player. If you do that enough times, you could really build a good team. Feels more like stock trading than baseball, though.
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -5)

Postby Super Manny » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:14 am

Alright, I gave in and signed up. I remember having a lot of fun (and being quite successful) when I played at Small World and my interest peaked.

Anyone up for a Cafe private group? If so, I'll create one. ;-D

"When you don't feel good and you still get hits, that's when you know you are a bad man." -Manuel A. Ramirez
Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -9)

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:16 am

Yeah...smallworld.

Ahh...the memories....

The "two-headed monster" of Pedro and Big Unit. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -231)

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:17 am

Super Manny wrote:Alright, I gave in and signed up. I remember having a lot of fun (and being quite successful) when I played at Small World and my interest peaked.

Anyone up for a Cafe private group? If so, I'll create one. ;-D

I'm in. ;-D

I remember being quite good at smallworld. :-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -231)

Postby Grouperman941 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:46 pm

I'd like to join the Cafe group. You only get one team, though, so I wouldn't draft with you guys.
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -5)

Postby Super Manny » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Alright, guys, here's the scoop...

I created a "league" specifically for Cafe members. You can join the league by doing the following...

1. Sign into RotoHog.com using your e-mail address and password.
2. Click on the "My Leagues" tab.
3. Select the "Join League" option (located at the far left).
4. Making sure that the "Search Public Leagues" option is selected, type the following into the "League Name" field - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2007.
5. The result you're looking for will have me, copusd, listed as the commissioner. Once you've located the league, click on the "Join" link, located at the far right of the screen.
6. You should be all set!

Please pass the word onto any of your Cafe friends; the more people we get participating, the more fun this thing'll be (I have set a maximum number of teams at 250 for the time being, though I doubt we approach anywhere near that).

Remember, RotoHog.com is offering generous cash prizes for the top 10 finishers OVERALL! ;-D

"When you don't feel good and you still get hits, that's when you know you are a bad man." -Manuel A. Ramirez
Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby yankee_cafe » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:32 pm

Are they having problems today? I joined last week and set things up so I'd draft tonight. I haven't been able to get on their site at all today so it looks like I've missed my draft.

Just curious if they have some growing pains or the issue is on my end. I can connect anywhere else.
Can we build it?
yankee_cafe
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Super Manny » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:39 pm

yankee_cafe wrote:Are they having problems today? I joined last week and set things up so I'd draft tonight. I haven't been able to get on their site at all today so it looks like I've missed my draft.

Just curious if they have some growing pains or the issue is on my end. I can connect anywhere else.

I drafted at noon, and have been able to access my team and other RotoHog content all day long. So based on what you've said, I'd imagine it could just be an issue on your end.

What browser are you using? I couldn't get the draft applet to run through IE at first, but Firefox handled it with ease.

Super Manny
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby yankee_cafe » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:41 pm

Hey! I got in! Finally!

Lucky for me I mucked up the draft date and it's tomorrow.

The "Mega Doodlez" are now in the Cafe league.
Can we build it?
yankee_cafe
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds