here is the keeper portion of the rules...email me for the other 7+ pages....including the minor league keeper system:
All players won by an owner will play that season under the contract value at which he was won during the auction.
• However, if an owner chooses to keep a player after the season, his contract dollar value will “escalate” in future years as long as he is kept.
• Keeper Note: There will be NO LIMIT to the number of players that an owner may or may not keep from one year to the next. An owner may keep as many of, or as few of, his players as he chooses. However, in following years, players that are kept will be subject to contract escalation as outlined below.
• Player escalation will be as follows:
o In the player’s first season, he will play that entire season at the salary at which he was drafted.
o In a player’s 2nd year with his team, his salary will increase by $3.
o In a player’s 3rd season, and every season thereafter, with his team, his salary will increase by an additional $5.
Example: If an owner drafts Albert Pujols for $45 in this year’s draft, his salary will progress as follows in future years IF his owner chooses to keep him.
• Initial year: $45 - Pujols would play at his auction value.
• 2nd year: $48 – Pujols’ salary increases by $3 from previous year.
• 3rd year: $53 – Pujols’ salary increases by $5.
• 4th year: $58 – Pujols’ salary increases by $5.
• 5th year: $63 – Pujols salary increases by $5.
• And on and on and on until the owner chooses not to keep
• Players can be kept until infinity as long as the owner is in compliance with the salary escalation rules.
• This escalation schedule will be consistent for ALL players won during the major league auction and kept in future years. The escalation does not change for $1 players, or for $45 players.
• Players that are NOT kept by their owner will go back into the draft and be subject to the following year’s major league auction draft.
• For players that come up through a team’s minor league system, the player’s escalation will not begin until AFTER the players 2nd arbitration year. (Again, to be discussed in further detail below.)