sLim wrote:this is what i think its gonna look like on opening day...i think lackey will get his first opening day start...
I think it will look like this:
SS - Hit well from the #2 hole last year.
Rf - Will Get Initial Shot to Protect Vlad. Also, his swinging from the left hand side of the plate gives him an addtional edge. Angels are going to be very right handed this year.
1b or DH - Will get first shot at the #4 hole if Anderson falters.
2b - If he hits .300 plus with power, could end up in the #3 hole with Vlad moving to #4. Hearing this guy compared to Biill Madlock. (.330-100-25-110) with speed.
1b, DH, 3b - McPherson is going to miss 07. needs surgery on back again. Morales and Kotchman will battle once again.
Figgins/ Izturis 3b
- If Matthews falters, could move to top of order again. Iztruis will get some starts when Figgins moves to the outfield to give Anderson, Mattews or Vlad a night off.
- Yep, deserves the #1 hole
- Makes sense to put this veteren #2
- Should be ready to fill this spot.
- Keep pressure off of him
Saunders / Carrasco
- Colon will not be ready opening day. Look for Saunders or Carrasco to come out of spring training holding down the #5 spot. Carrasco came to the Angels wanting to be a starter. My guess is he gets his shot in spring training.