Page 3 of 4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:43 pm
by acsguitar
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I think its great he doesn't drink but its not his buisness to keep you from drinking...lame


Well, that's the interesting part... no one would make him drink of course, and none of us would drink too much at a company function. The cited reasoning was that his pastor once gave a sermon about not "eating with drunkards." I'm not sure how loose the interpretation of drunkards is, but technically I guess his is that he's not allowed to share a meal with anyone who is consuming alcohol.


That sucks I'm not allowed to hang out with insane religious nut jobs...So maybee he shouldn't be allowed at the party

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:45 pm
by Coppermine
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I think its great he doesn't drink but its not his buisness to keep you from drinking...lame


Well, that's the interesting part... no one would make him drink of course, and none of us would drink too much at a company function. The cited reasoning was that his pastor once gave a sermon about not "eating with drunkards." I'm not sure how loose the interpretation of drunkards is, but technically I guess his is that he's not allowed to share a meal with anyone who is consuming alcohol.


That sucks I'm not allowed to hang out with insane religious nut jobs...So maybee he shouldn't be allowed at the party


Well he proudly tells everyone he has a masters degree, but after deciding to do some research after this alcohol debacle, I discovered that he graduated from an unaccredited college.

Basically, it would be a misdemeanor in some states for him to write that he has a degree on a resume without indicating it's unaccredited.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:58 pm
by acsguitar
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I think its great he doesn't drink but its not his buisness to keep you from drinking...lame


Well, that's the interesting part... no one would make him drink of course, and none of us would drink too much at a company function. The cited reasoning was that his pastor once gave a sermon about not "eating with drunkards." I'm not sure how loose the interpretation of drunkards is, but technically I guess his is that he's not allowed to share a meal with anyone who is consuming alcohol.


That sucks I'm not allowed to hang out with insane religious nut jobs...So maybee he shouldn't be allowed at the party


Well he proudly tells everyone he has a masters degree, but after deciding to do some research after this alcohol debacle, I discovered that he graduated from an unaccredited college.

Basically, it would be a misdemeanor in some states for him to write that he has a degree on a resume without indicating it's unaccredited.


Thats funny :-D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:38 pm
by chadlincoln
He claims sometimes he gets it right. To be a prophet, you have to be 100% right. He's just a good guesser.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:52 pm
by acsguitar
chadlincoln wrote:He claims sometimes he gets it right. To be a prophet, you have to be 100% right. He's just a good guesser.
A good guesser should be correct 50% of the time I'd think.

he's a bad one

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:28 pm
by Pacman
Uhnow, our deflector shields are useless against phorton torpedoes, and we really need your support on this one, folks. Here at the 600 Club we need your money to spread the Word of Jesus, and build more advanced deflector shields for our galactic cruiser. Call now, and we'll give you this free pin. [a CBC logo pin]


Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:41 pm
by 1337_Dude
:-t Sigh.

It's sad that for a lot of people this guy is what they assume Christians are like. I promise not all of us go around acting crazy, prophesizing, and acting like an idiot in general. Guys like this make it an uphill battle when you try to talk to anybody about Christianity.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:47 pm
by Tavish
1337_Dude wrote::-t Sigh.

It's sad that for a lot of people this guy is what they assume Christians are like. I promise not all of us go around acting crazy, prophesizing, and acting like an idiot in general. Guys like this make it an uphill battle when you try to talk to anybody about Christianity.


I wouldn't complain too much, being grouped with Robertson is a compliment compared to being likened to Fred Phelps.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:51 pm
by 1337_Dude
Tavish wrote:
1337_Dude wrote::-t Sigh.

It's sad that for a lot of people this guy is what they assume Christians are like. I promise not all of us go around acting crazy, prophesizing, and acting like an idiot in general. Guys like this make it an uphill battle when you try to talk to anybody about Christianity.


I wouldn't complain too much, being grouped with Robertson is a compliment compared to being likened to Fred Phelps.

Very true.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:54 pm
by Coppermine
chadlincoln wrote:He claims sometimes he gets it right. To be a prophet, you have to be 100% right. He's just a good guesser.


He's not even a good guesser; he makes ambiguous guesses that can be easily manipulated.