Return to General Talk

BoC FINALS - Animal House vs. Monty Python & the Holy Grail

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Animal House or Holy Grail?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:26 am

Animal House
31
46%
Monty Python & the Holy Grail
36
54%
 
Total votes : 67

Postby Coppermine » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:55 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
ARTHUR:
What happens now?
BEDEVERE:
Well, now, uh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, uh, wait until nightfall, and then leap out of the rabbit, taking the French, uh, by surprise. Not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!
ARTHUR:
Who leaps out?
BEDEVERE:
U-- u-- uh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, uh, leap out of the rabbit, uh, and uh...
ARTHUR:
Ohh.
BEDEVERE:
Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger--
[clank]
[twong]


Wow, this kind of shows how unfunny "Grail" is out of context.


how dare you!


You didn't just type that with a bad British accent, did you? :-b


Nope...I typed it with an American accent


OK, that's not so bad then. I know I'm at a horrible party when there are 3 guys in a corner with unwashed hair reciting lines from "Holy Grail" in horrible, British accents, as if fate brought them together.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8793
(Past Year: -47)
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby acsguitar » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:56 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
ARTHUR:
What happens now?
BEDEVERE:
Well, now, uh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, uh, wait until nightfall, and then leap out of the rabbit, taking the French, uh, by surprise. Not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!
ARTHUR:
Who leaps out?
BEDEVERE:
U-- u-- uh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, uh, leap out of the rabbit, uh, and uh...
ARTHUR:
Ohh.
BEDEVERE:
Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger--
[clank]
[twong]


Wow, this kind of shows how unfunny "Grail" is out of context.


how dare you!


You didn't just type that with a bad British accent, did you? :-b


Nope...I typed it with an American accent


OK, that's not so bad then. I know I'm at a horrible party when there are 3 guys in a corner with unwashed hair reciting lines from "Holy Grail" in horrible, British accents, as if fate brought them together.


haha...no I try not to do that..I do a poor british accent
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26605
(Past Year: -117)
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Coppermine » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:00 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
ARTHUR:
What happens now?
BEDEVERE:
Well, now, uh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, uh, wait until nightfall, and then leap out of the rabbit, taking the French, uh, by surprise. Not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!
ARTHUR:
Who leaps out?
BEDEVERE:
U-- u-- uh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, uh, leap out of the rabbit, uh, and uh...
ARTHUR:
Ohh.
BEDEVERE:
Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger--
[clank]
[twong]


Wow, this kind of shows how unfunny "Grail" is out of context.


how dare you!


You didn't just type that with a bad British accent, did you? :-b


Nope...I typed it with an American accent


OK, that's not so bad then. I know I'm at a horrible party when there are 3 guys in a corner with unwashed hair reciting lines from "Holy Grail" in horrible, British accents, as if fate brought them together.


haha...no I try not to do that..I do a poor british accent


So does your mom, but I kinda like it... right-o guvnah! :-D
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8793
(Past Year: -47)
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby acsguitar » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
ARTHUR:
What happens now?
BEDEVERE:
Well, now, uh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, uh, wait until nightfall, and then leap out of the rabbit, taking the French, uh, by surprise. Not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!
ARTHUR:
Who leaps out?
BEDEVERE:
U-- u-- uh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, uh, leap out of the rabbit, uh, and uh...
ARTHUR:
Ohh.
BEDEVERE:
Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger--
[clank]
[twong]


Wow, this kind of shows how unfunny "Grail" is out of context.


how dare you!


You didn't just type that with a bad British accent, did you? :-b


Nope...I typed it with an American accent


OK, that's not so bad then. I know I'm at a horrible party when there are 3 guys in a corner with unwashed hair reciting lines from "Holy Grail" in horrible, British accents, as if fate brought them together.


haha...no I try not to do that..I do a poor british accent


So does your mom, but I kinda like it... right-o guvnah! :-D


Wow that was terrible
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26605
(Past Year: -117)
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Coppermine » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:31 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
ARTHUR:
What happens now?
BEDEVERE:
Well, now, uh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, uh, wait until nightfall, and then leap out of the rabbit, taking the French, uh, by surprise. Not only by surprise, but totally unarmed!
ARTHUR:
Who leaps out?
BEDEVERE:
U-- u-- uh, Launcelot, Galahad, and I, uh, leap out of the rabbit, uh, and uh...
ARTHUR:
Ohh.
BEDEVERE:
Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger--
[clank]
[twong]


Wow, this kind of shows how unfunny "Grail" is out of context.


how dare you!


You didn't just type that with a bad British accent, did you? :-b


Nope...I typed it with an American accent


OK, that's not so bad then. I know I'm at a horrible party when there are 3 guys in a corner with unwashed hair reciting lines from "Holy Grail" in horrible, British accents, as if fate brought them together.


haha...no I try not to do that..I do a poor british accent


So does your mom, but I kinda like it... right-o guvnah! :-D


Wow that was terrible


Sort of like the "killer rabbit" scene?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8793
(Past Year: -47)
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby ironman » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:26 pm

This was tough, but I went with Animal House.

Although if there's one thing that I'd count as a strike against it, is that it spawned a bazillion critics using the line, "It's this generation's Animal House!" or "the funniest college movie since Animal House!"
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4707
(Past Year: -173)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby BritSox » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:59 pm

Couldn't care less. Happy to see either of these win. Though leaning AH, as how can a film that isn't even the funniest one featuring its cast be the best ever?
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5180
(Past Year: -43)
Joined: 5 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby dream_017 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:02 pm

Animal House ;-D
Image
dream_017
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
CafeholicFootball ModLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 756
(Past Year: -17)
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: At home on the football side

Postby acsguitar » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:34 pm

This is a close one!! Lets go Monty Python!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26605
(Past Year: -117)
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby ThatDude » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:37 pm

When I was 9, my uncle agreed to let me watch Holy Grail with him, on the condition that I wouldn't go around repeating all the lines over and over again.

You can guess how well that worked out.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2200
(Past Year: -10)
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

cron