Return to Classifieds

2007 $$$$ League forming

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2007 $$$$ League forming

Postby big999dog » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:23 am

http://www.fantasysportsguys.com Is forming 2007 Keeper/ 1Yr Leagues. We want to get a head start NOW. Drafts will begin as soon as the leagues fill. Host site is CBS . Cost is $150 per team, per year. All rules/prizes are on the site. Leagues are 16 team leagues. Leagues are H2H/Points. If interested, pls e-mail me at mailto:commish@fantasysportsguys.com
I’ll send you rules/prizes. Thx

Commish
Commish
Fantasy Sports Guys
big999dog
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

2007 $$$$ League forming

Postby kemper5 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:41 am

Not sure Im getting this. To start it's $150, there are 16 teams, so $2400.00 is collected, however you pay out $875 for the 1st,2nd and 3rd place teams and $630.00 for the 21 weeks of $30 and the $150 for the CBS start up, but that's only $1655, where is the other $745 go? Is it paid out in prizes also? Interesting, but just wondering..
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby big999dog » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:13 am

good question

The initial startup is $1730 per league (Prizes/League site)

The rest will go to web maint/Advertising/reselling teams

The biggest reason leagues fail are that owners with sucky drafts drop out and the Commish(me) is stuck with a team that no one wants. We have to sell these at wholesale to the public. Then the rest goes to the FSG people who do the job. Running multiple leagues in multiple sports is time consuming. Good question...This is why we have been on the internet for 5 yrs and running leagus for almost 20yrs. This is why we're a reputable company on the web!!

Commish
Commish
Fantasy Sports Guys
big999dog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby big999dog » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:56 am

we have 6 confirmed, 4 waiting for more to signup. Just need 6 more and then we can start the draft once CBS rolls out the 2007 site. Who wants to bring it this year?
Commish
Fantasy Sports Guys
big999dog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby big999dog » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:00 am

9 confirmed 3 waiting 4 left
Commish
Fantasy Sports Guys
big999dog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby steroidfreaks » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:46 pm

big999dog wrote:good question

The initial startup is $1730 per league (Prizes/League site)

The rest will go to web maint/Advertising/reselling teams

The biggest reason leagues fail are that owners with sucky drafts drop out and the Commish(me) is stuck with a team that no one wants. We have to sell these at wholesale to the public. Then the rest goes to the FSG people who do the job. Running multiple leagues in multiple sports is time consuming. Good question...This is why we have been on the internet for 5 yrs and running leagus for almost 20yrs. This is why we're a reputable company on the web!!

Commish

this sounds too fishy to me ..... if the league is a great league with a sound and competitive rule structure, teams will 'buy' in regardless just to get in .... a true fantasy jock will anyway .... and you say the teams that are abandoned can be sold at wholesale? that doesn't make sense if you are keeping $700 ??? where does that money go too?? .... those teams should be given away for the first year if you are keeping that kind of money ..... and web maintenance? cbs sportsline takes care of all of that (and you can usually secure the league at $129.95 as an early bird special instead of the said $150), you don't have to do anything, except a little of your time ..... and advertising, most sites like this one are free, no cost ....... sorry, just sounds like the commish is scamming a chunk of money, plus having a chance to win the prize money also, that's just not right .......
steroidfreaks
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby big999dog » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:03 pm

Look Freak..
1. I don't play in the leagues...I run multiple leagues..in Multiple sports. So, yes it's a business.

2. I'm not a fly by commish who gets people to signup and then play in the leagues and then win all the money too.

3. I'm not a guy who runs one league and then has 1/2 the league owned by the commish with difeerent e-mail addresses and then win the league based off of having all those teams and then making lopsided trades to win for sure.

Before you go trashing people, do your DD!!! Checkout my website, ask around..Don't just say the numbers don't add up and I'm a scam. Plenty of people on this board have played in my leagues. Got some of the most ACTIVE leagues online. Not your typical free league/ cheap leagues where all the owners don't care and the commish ends up winning be default.

Have a nice day!!! :-D
Commish
Fantasy Sports Guys
big999dog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby steroidfreaks » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:50 pm

big999dog wrote:Look Freak..
1. I don't play in the leagues...I run multiple leagues..in Multiple sports. So, yes it's a business.

3. I'm not a guy who runs one league and then has 1/2 the league owned by the commish with difeerent e-mail addresses and then win the league based off of having all those teams and then making lopsided trades to win for sure.

Before you go trashing people, do your DD!!! Checkout my website, ask around..Don't just say the numbers don't add up and I'm a scam. Plenty of people on this board have played in my leagues. Got some of the most ACTIVE leagues online. Not your typical free league/ cheap leagues where all the owners don't care and the commish ends up winning be default.

Have a nice day!!! :-D

i did do my DD, and if it's a business, shouldn't you be level headed in a situation like this where someone is questioning where all the money goes?? honesty brings in repeat customers .... and you just were't quite honest, that's all ..... i wasn't trashing you, because i don't have hands on experience with your business .... i just gathered the facts you laid out for fees vs. prize money, because it didn't add up, and had questions, which, you still did not address ......

i commish on cbs sporstline, and it costs $129.95, but you said it cost $150 ...... now, that's not just a normal 'round up' there ..... if you would have said $130, that would have been a normal round up ..... so that's not being exactly straight up with the public is it ....... you also say the extra $700 and change you keep, per league, goes to site maintenance, advertising, and replacing abandoned teams ????? that's a HUGE chunk for you to keep .... and what if there is no abandoned teams, does that money go back to the owners?? ..... like i said, there is no 'site maintenance' with sportsline, and most advertising, like you did here, is free ..... and as far as replacing the abandoned teams, you said you charge them 'wholesale' price, well, what is that? you failed to inform anyone ..... your contradicting yourself when you say that huge lump of money goes towards finding replacement owners when you also say you still charge them to get in ....... and why so much turnover each year??? hmmmm, just pointing out the facts given ..... so, if it were me, i wouldn't join because your just keeping too much of the pie per league ..... just my opinion ...
steroidfreaks
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby big999dog » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:24 am

Your problem is that you look at the money and not the product. All i'm saying is you get what you pay for. This is where people differ..I use to play in UlimateFS.com leagues..Check that out if your worried about money return. Anyhow, that guys has over 200 leagues in all. Runs a great league, just pays out less. I guess today you need to find leagues that have establish themselves I have been burned once and never will again and will just run leagues. If it's me, I go with someone I heard or been with instead of the guy promoting leagues that I never heard of. Good luck

For the rest

We have 10 confirmed 3 waiting 3 spots open.

Commish
Commish
Fantasy Sports Guys
big999dog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby steroidfreaks » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:47 am

big999dog wrote:Your problem is that you look at the money and not the product. All i'm saying is you get what you pay for. This is where people differ..I use to play in UlimateFS.com leagues..Check that out if your worried about money return. Anyhow, that guys has over 200 leagues in all. Runs a great league, just pays out less. I guess today you need to find leagues that have establish themselves I have been burned once and never will again and will just run leagues. If it's me, I go with someone I heard or been with instead of the guy promoting leagues that I never heard of. Good luck

For the rest

We have 10 confirmed 3 waiting 3 spots open.

Commish

see, that's just it, i'm not looking at the money, you are .... you're running 'the business', remember? ..... sounds like you saw the money that guy was making and decided to try it yourself, which is fine ..... i commish league's for the fantasy sport of it, the competition, and to run a great league .... our guys have been together for years, because it's a fun format ..... sometimes a friend or two must leave for their own reasons, and we need to find replacements ...... but it never takes long, because we have a great format ..... or we decide to expand, like we are doing now in one league ...... i don't try to 'hurd' up a bunch in a hurry and 'make a buck' off of them ......
Last edited by steroidfreaks on Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
steroidfreaks
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Classifieds