Return to General Talk

Next battle......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:50 pm

How about a battle of the deadly sins

Lust
gluttony
greed
sloth
wrath
envy
pride


lust would of course get the first round bye. Sloth is my darkhorse.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19019
(Past Year: -416)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby cordscords » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:54 pm

daullaz wrote:Ever done Battle of the Jersey Numbers?

Battle of the Holidays?

Battle of the TV Characters? You could do one side for the sitcoms, one side for the dramas. Have the winners face each other in the championship.


I like the TV Characters idea. In fact I started up a topic on TV Characters recently and there is a nice list going.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4340
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 1337_Dude » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:07 pm

cordscords wrote:
daullaz wrote:Ever done Battle of the Jersey Numbers?

Battle of the Holidays?

Battle of the TV Characters? You could do one side for the sitcoms, one side for the dramas. Have the winners face each other in the championship.


I like the TV Characters idea. In fact I started up a topic on TV Characters recently and there is a nice list going.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

I'd say the best way to do a tv character is break it up into genre. You'd have your cartoon, drama, comedy, and ??? bracket.
Image
Image
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1575
(Past Year: -8)
Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ole Kentucky

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:10 pm

1337_Dude wrote:
cordscords wrote:
daullaz wrote:Ever done Battle of the Jersey Numbers?

Battle of the Holidays?

Battle of the TV Characters? You could do one side for the sitcoms, one side for the dramas. Have the winners face each other in the championship.


I like the TV Characters idea. In fact I started up a topic on TV Characters recently and there is a nice list going.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

I'd say the best way to do a tv character is break it up into genre. You'd have your cartoon, drama, comedy, and ??? bracket.


Sci-Fi?
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10110
(Past Year: -115)
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:27 pm

I hate the TV charecters one
:-t
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26605
(Past Year: -117)
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby 1337_Dude » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:28 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
1337_Dude wrote:
cordscords wrote:
daullaz wrote:Ever done Battle of the Jersey Numbers?

Battle of the Holidays?

Battle of the TV Characters? You could do one side for the sitcoms, one side for the dramas. Have the winners face each other in the championship.


I like the TV Characters idea. In fact I started up a topic on TV Characters recently and there is a nice list going.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

I'd say the best way to do a tv character is break it up into genre. You'd have your cartoon, drama, comedy, and ??? bracket.


Sci-Fi?

I knew it would be obvious when someone pointed one out.
Image
Image
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1575
(Past Year: -8)
Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ole Kentucky

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:30 pm

acsguitar wrote:I hate the TV charecters one
:-t

That's good enough for me. Let's do it! :-D
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 20399
(Past Year: -1018)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby knapplc » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:14 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:Suggestions for next time-

The best band evar (football side did this already but I'm sure they screwed it up somehow)


yeah they did...Tool wasnt even in it (but Yes! and The Thomson Twins were :-/ )...and the Beatles won over Floyd :-t


I helped run the Light Side's Battle of the Bands this year, and there's a good explanation for why Tool wasn't in it but the Thompson Twins were. There were three of us ranking bands. One guy hated Tool and ranked them very low, causing them to fall out of the top 62 or whatever. Same thing happened to Def Leppard, I believe. The Thompson Twins made it in on a fluke - two of us rated them so-so and the third guy rated them high. They've sold a ton of music, but that's no reason to have them in the battle.

And The Beatles beat out Pink Floyd because people started voting against people instead of voting for bands they like. It got a little bit petty, really. :-/
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7853
(Past Year: -17)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Postby davidmarver » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:14 pm

So long as Eric Cartman and Norm are in the TV characters battle, I'm all for it. ;-D
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 5826
(Past Year: -328)
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

cron