Return to General Talk

New police tactic??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:18 am

JTWood wrote:Chitwood... Why does it seem like I've heard that guy's name before?

:-?


The movie Hoosiers most likely. Jimmy Chitwood if memory serves. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53854
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby JTWood » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:21 am

Madison wrote:
JTWood wrote:Chitwood... Why does it seem like I've heard that guy's name before?

:-?


The movie Hoosiers most likely. Jimmy Chitwood if memory serves. :-)

No... I mean, I'm sur that's from that movie, but I remember that name in a print news article.
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:13 am

JTWood wrote:
Madison wrote:
JTWood wrote:Chitwood... Why does it seem like I've heard that guy's name before?

:-?


The movie Hoosiers most likely. Jimmy Chitwood if memory serves. :-)

No... I mean, I'm sur that's from that movie, but I remember that name in a print news article.


maybee you are just relating to the wood part...cause your name is wood
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:37 am

I think it's great when a community backs their police department and are involved, in whatever way that may be, in regulating crime.

As far as the word 'scumbag' goes, I think of it in the same regard as 'lowlife', 'bum', etc.
Image
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby 3 run homer » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:04 am

JTWood wrote:Chitwood... Why does it seem like I've heard that guy's name before?

:-?


maybe you're thinking of Joey Chitwood stunt car guy
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/10 ... -show.html
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 501
Joined: 5 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:32 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I think it's great when a community backs their police department and are involved, in whatever way that may be, in regulating crime.

As far as the word 'scumbag' goes, I think of it in the same regard as 'lowlife', 'bum', etc.


thats exactly how i looked at it, thats why i was confused as to why they couldnt say it.


They can say 'bitch' on radio, but they can't say 'scumbag'? :-?
Image
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Coppermine » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:45 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:stupid FCC :-t


Did you guys see the Studio 60 where they were talking about how on one of their live news reports from Afghanistan, during an interview with a soldier, an RPG flew overhead and the soldier yelled the F-word. So the FCC decides to fine the company $1 million for every affiliate that aired the live broadcast.

This is what the FCC does.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:10 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:stupid FCC :-t


Did you guys see the Studio 60 where they were talking about how on one of their live news reports from Afghanistan, during an interview with a soldier, an RPG flew overhead and the soldier yelled the F-word. So the FCC decides to fine the company $1 million for every affiliate that aired the live broadcast.

This is what the FCC does.


The FCC is stupid
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests