Postby cordscords » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:28 pm

cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Another Blown Save » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:35 pm

It'll be interesting how the D-rays infield will look like at the beginning of the year.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/latosma01.shtml. Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -361)

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:55 pm

Yeah, where does that put Upton?
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:57 pm

Also, is this guy old or young? It would really be surprising if the D-Rays are going after a guy thats not young considering the fact that they have never gone after players that would help them contend. I just can't see them trying to sign a player that is just good and not young and good.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Thursday » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:23 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:Also, is this guy old or young?

Checked it out for ya real quick, he's 27.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:29 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:Yeah, where does that put Upton?

Well the rumors are rampant right now, but I am going to guess SS for next year. There are a few rumors of Upton moving to LF and Crawford getting traded this offseason. :-°
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -786)

Postby bigken117 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:33 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:

Well the rumors are rampant right now, but I am going to guess SS for next year. There are a few rumors of Upton moving to LF and Crawford getting traded this offseason. :-°

Good for the D-Rays throwing some cash around ;-D I'd have to guess they probably weren't on the radar headed into this.

Looking sharp RUMP ;-)
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/E/Jacoby-Ellsbury.shtml
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=24
http://twitter.com/#!/baseballcafe
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fantasy-Baseball-Cafe/117034715055181?sk=wall
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1076)

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:36 pm

bigken117 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

Good for the D-Rays throwing some cash around ;-D I'd have to guess they probably weren't on the radar headed into this.

Looking sharp RUMP ;-)

Actually, Akinori Iwamura has been on our radar the whole time. I remember reading an article in early October saying that if Iwamura was posted, that the DRO would put a bid in on him. I am glad to see them spend money, even though I scratch my head on why the money was spent on another infielder. :-?
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:46 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
bigken117 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

Looking sharp RUMP ;-)

Actually, Akinori Iwamura has been on our radar the whole time. I remember reading an article in early October saying that if Iwamura was posted, that the DRO would put a bid in on him. I am glad to see them spend money, even though I scratch my head on why the money was spent on another infielder. :-?

I actually don't like the match. I think Iwamura will be a great SS/2B/3B/OF but he's not going to help TB do anything. Maybe they could trade the guy or someone like Cantu or Gomes for some relief help. But until then, this is just another positional player that will block another stud prospect on the Devil Rays. Have you seen their bullpen and rotation still? Laughable.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 21)

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:49 pm

Havok1517 wrote: Have you seen their bullpen and rotation still? Laughable.

Really. I have never noticed.
raiders_umpire

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers