Return to Baseball Leftovers

Innings pitched in H2H

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Innings pitched in H2H

Postby greenandgold » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:47 pm

1250 IP limit is common in Roto leagues and I use that in calculations to make rankings for pitchers. It seems that in H2H leagues there are a lot fewer innings pitched per team over the course of the season then in Roto.

What is the average number of innings pitched per team in H2H leagues?

I am guessing 3 starters @6 innings + 3 relivers @ 3 innings = 27 innings a week. So, over 26 weeks (including all playoffs) that is 702 innings.

Do you draft your pitchers differently in H2H or Roto? Because of these differences, do the top pitchers have more value in H2H then in Roto?
greenandgold
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: -23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Innings pitched in H2H

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:54 pm

greenandgold wrote:1250 IP limit is common in Roto leagues and I use that in calculations to make rankings for pitchers. It seems that in H2H leagues there are a lot fewer innings pitched per team over the course of the season then in Roto.

What is the average number of innings pitched per team in H2H leagues?

I am guessing 3 starters @6 innings + 3 relivers @ 3 innings = 27 innings a week. So, over 26 weeks (including all playoffs) that is 702 innings.

Do you draft your pitchers differently in H2H or Roto? Because of these differences, do the top pitchers have more value in H2H then in Roto?

i've never added it up but i know i have quite a bit more than 27 innings a week. i usually set the minimum at around 20. i generally have 5-7 starters and 3-4 relievers. plus some of the starters may have two starts a week. i think there are at least as many innings if not more in H2H due to the tendency of some teams to pick up some starters at the end of the week if they are behind in some stats.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -292)

Postby WyldStallyn » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:22 pm

the league i did had a 35ip limit. i had 5 rp plus 5 starters i would mix and match to reach the limit. most managers ended the season around 1200 ip
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -2)

Postby chadlincoln » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:34 pm

Yahoo doesn't allow for maximum innings in H2H. They have minimum, but not maximum which I'd like to have to combat churning.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby greenandgold » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:02 pm

wow, I guess my strategy is a lot different and I really underestimate the number of innings thrown. I just try to start a few guys who will put up a good whip and era and hope for the best.
greenandgold
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Return to Baseball Leftovers