Return to Baseball Leftovers

"EXPERTS"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby KPucks » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:34 pm

If you had 19 monkies throw darts at the team logos to make their picks for the World Series, there is a .42% (.75^19) not one of them would pick at least one team in the World Series. That's right, it might just be a better idea to trust a dart throwing monkey than an ESPN "expert."
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:49 pm

I have to give some people on Baseball Tonight credit because I saw quite a few Cards vs. A's predictions at the beginning of the season.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:15 pm

That really is unbelievable.

Only 1 person, Enrique Rojas (never heard of him) picked the Cards over the Padres.

0 people picked the Tigers to beat the Yankees.
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mikekim2121 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:38 pm

Considering 40% of us (the cafe) had picked the Yankees to win it all at that same period, we shouldn't be bashing them too much. I don't remember the # nor can I find the thread but I dont think many people other than some Detroit "homers" picked them to win it all. I know they are the "experts" but most of us also feel that we know just as much baseball as those people do (or atleast on a comparable level) and we weren't right either.

KPucks wrote: That's right, it might just be a better idea to trust a dart throwing monkey than an ESPN "expert."

And those same monkeys would've outpicked us as well
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers