An Iconic Fantasy Baseball Community
Moderator: Baseball Moderators
Melo255 wrote:bronxxbomber wrote:I always thought these extremists would go for the financial centers of the world. I mean that's where it would really hurt. The US lost billions on the exchange with that attack (nyse closed on a non holiday. scary). I can't imagine what kind of ripple effect if the exchanges were knocked out for more than a day.
I've been saying this since 9/11. I can't think of a single potential target that would devastate this country more than if the New York Stock Exchange were destroyed. Our country would be severely crippled. Scary thought.
Art Vandelay wrote:Opinions can be wrong.
edit: I should clarify that I'm not necessarily saying that your opinion is wrong, in fact, I didn't read your post. Just that the argument is pretty flimsy, as opinions are often wrong.
The earth could on day turn into a rabbit .... am I wrong? Not neccessarily. We haven't seen yet.
1. Our fire power is so much more massive then theirs: Its easier for them to take out 3,000 people (a relatively small amount) compared to 100,000. That way we don't get too pissed off. Taking out 100,000 people would pretty much sign the death wish of every Muslim in the world. There would be no forgiveness of any of them. Now there are millions and millions of Good muslim people in this world. By killing off that many people you would basically see a slaughter of the Muslim faithful no matter if they were good or bad. Nukes are not a game and if one goes off attributed to Islam you can bet you arse that every Mosque is burned to the ground in the this country and most other civilized ones. You can also BYA that Islams/Muslims who show up in public will be killed on the spot. The Radicals have to be aware of this.
2. They want to see us scared: Its probably much more satisfying for them to take out small targets and mess with our minds then take out a huge target which would basically turn us all immediately. The country is 50/50 on the whole war etc...Nukes would make 100 pecent of us against the islamic world. Keeping us scared would probably be more satisfying.
3. Technology: I'm pretty sure dirty bombs aren't a light a fuse type thing. North Korea has been trying for years and years to create a real Nuke and it went wrong.
4. They would have already done it: If there goal is to terrify americans the best way to do it is to plan small attacks and claim bigger ones. 9/11 was big but not nuke big. Why even do 9/11 if you are planning bigger things. 9/11 made us step up our defense if you want to destroy someone you catch them with their guard down. Our Guard is way up.
5. The easiest targets are overseas: Targeting a Football stadium that has been alerted about an attack is a stupid thing to do. Getting bombs into this country is not an easy task especially in complete form. The best targets are unfortunately our military and overseas bases. I'd think a dirty bomb would have already gone off in Afghanistan/Iraq if they existed.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests