Return to Classifieds

NEW 15 TEAM $100 5x5 KEEPER LEAGUE ON CBSSPORTSLINE

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NEW 15 TEAM $100 5x5 KEEPER LEAGUE ON CBSSPORTSLINE

Postby sunils75 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:23 pm

I am going to be starting a brand new keeper league for 2007. I want to gather a group of 15 competitive, knowledgable, and mature team owners and since this takes time, I figured I would put this posting up now to get a jump start on it. Here are the details:

DRAFT DATE IS MARCH 11 AT 6 PM EST
-15 Teams
-5x5 Roto, Mixed NL and AL
-Snake Draft, 24 rounds
-Will use cbssportsline.com
-$100 to join; all money paid out except for cbssportsline fee
-50% to 1st place, 25% to 2nd place, 15% to 3rd place, and 10% to team most improved after all-star break to promote season-long participation from everyone
-3-6 keepers (we can decide this via poll). However; the catch will be that these keepers will be drafted the following year in the same round as they were this year.
-weekly transacations/lineup changes
-2 day voting on trades with 7 vetos or more overturning a trade
Last edited by sunils75 on Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sunils75
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ayebatter » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:54 am

All of my other CBS leagues are auction - I need a straight snake draft for '07. $100 entry - I'm in. PM me here. ayebatter ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 763)

Postby Patronus » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:41 pm

This league is almost exactly what I am looking for, but I am not a huge fan of weekly transactions/lineup changes. I prefer daily.

How are you going to handle weekly transactions in a draft league? I assume FAAB is out based on the keeper structure. Are you going to have a draft every week based on the reverse order of the standings? How will that work out?

I may still be interested, but would be 100% in if you would consider daily transactions/line up changes over the weekly.

Thanks!
Patronus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sunils75 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:02 pm

I am going to keep it at weekly lineup changes only because I was in a league this past year which was daily and I just couldnt keep up with it day in and day out.
sunils75
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby accohen » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:21 am

I am certainly interested. I am a LONG time roto player and very involved. This type of the league is the type that I like to do most often -- mixed, 5 x 5, small amount of keepers. My only suggestions would be to do your best in the screening process to ensure that the owners are mature and will be involved all year. The last thing you want is a few dead teams in a 15 team league. Make sure that you get all payment in BEFORE the season starts. Also, I might suggest that you increase the number of active players; maybe something like 13 offense and 8-9 pitchers, with 4-6 bench. That would keep it VERY competitive.
As for weekly free agents, that is typically the way that it is done-- a weekly draft based on reverse order in the standings, done 1-2 days before the new statistical week starts. I would probably limit that to 2 free agents a week per team to discourage dumping.
Anyway, let me know as time progresses if this is going to happen. Email me at mailto:adamsethcohen@hotmail.com. Thanks.
accohen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

thanks for input thus far

Postby sunils75 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:19 pm

as time goes on, we will finalize the specifics of the league. i like the idea of having a waiver process for free agents, but the weekly draft idea sounds good too. comments thus far will be very useful to make this a great league. as far as payments, they will need to be made 3-4 weeks before draft date to make sure we have 15 committed teams present for the draft. i will hold the money and will open a separate bank account to hold this and will email the details of this account to everyone. Paypal will be strongly preferred for payments...and payouts at the end will be made via paypal to the winners.

A little about me: 30 years old, Real Estate Investor/Rehabber in Chicago area. Own my own real estate brokerage company as well. Finished in the money in 2 of my 4 fantasty leagues this year with 2nd place and $530 in prize money being my best finish of the 2 leagues. The other 2 leagues were head to head and I made it to the playoffs in both, but failed to be in the money. Last year was my first year playing, but caught on very quick and absolutely love fantasy baseball. Was unhappy about a few things about the leagues and this is why I am starting my own league to take the best aspects of each league and ensuring that we have the right players involved.

If everyone who is interested can please put up a post stating their age, location, occupation, and any other information they want, I would appreciate it.

Sunil
sunils75
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

interested.

Postby koondog » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:22 pm

hey sunil,

Once you get the rules finalized, let me know. Especially the rules concerning FA's. I am definitely intrigued. Its been awhile since I have done a serious roto league. Keep us posted.
koondog
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Trot Nixon » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:03 am

Interested, shoot me over a PM when you can
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -18)

5x5 CBS Mixed Roto League - New for 2007

Postby sunils75 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:26 am

Once the CBS site is up and running, I will send out formal invites. Please look at the rules and let me know if you are interested. Email me at mailto:sunilkprasad@hotmail.com.

Here are the league rules:

15 teams, mixed roto 5x5 style. $100 entry fee.

Draft:
• Date and time TBD by league vote
• 24 Rounds, with 90 seconds between picks.
• Draft robot enabled - picks are made automatically for teams that let the clock expire.

Player Pool: AL and NL Players.
Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, U and P.
Eligibility: Players are eligible at their primary position, plus positions they've played 20 games last year or 5 games this year.
Transactions: • Lineups are set once for the start of each period.
Deadline is 30 minutes before gametime on the first day of the period.
• Owners may set lineups and change players' positions.
• Only players who are on the disabled list may be placed into Injured status.
• Add/drops are handled by a waivers process.
• The waivers process runs on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
• Dropped players remain on waivers for at least 2 day(s).
• Trades are subject to a 2-day voting period, where at most 6 objections are allowed. Trades receiving more than 6 objections are sent to the commissioner for approval.
• No trades can be made after the trade deadline of 11:59 PM ET 8/27/07.
• Owners may not make trades during the offseason.

Schedule: Weekly scoring periods, starting on Mondays.

Min/Max: Min AB: 3950
Min IP: 900
• Teams not meeting the minimums will receive 0 points in categories using AB or IP (e.g., BA or ERA)

Fees: League Entry Fee: $100. Must be received by Feb 15 to ensure a full league and full attendance for the draft.

Scoring: Rotisserie System.

Scoring for Batting Categories
BA - Batting Average
HR - Home Runs
R - Runs
RBI - Runs Batted In
SB - Stolen Bases

Scoring for Pitching Categories
ERA - Earned Run Average
K - Strikeouts (Pitcher)
S - Saves
W - Wins
WHIP - Walks + Hits / Inning

Constitution: League Type: 5X5 ROTO, KEEPER LEAGUE (3 keepers can be kept per year)

League Entry Fee: $100 per year (all money except the fee for CBS
Commissioner will be paid out)

Transactions: Free

Payouts: 1ST PLACE-50%; 2ND PLACE 25%; 3RD PLACE 15%, MOST IMPROVED AFTER
ALL STAR BREAK (NOT FINISHING IN THE MONEY)-10%

Site: CBS Commissioner

Draft: • Live On Line Draft, Date and Time:TBA
• 24 Rounds, with 90 seconds between picks.

Player Pool: AL and NL Players.
Positions: C(2), 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF(5), U(2) and P(9).

Reserve spots: 2

DL spots: 3 (Player must show as being on D.L. by CBS Sportsline under M.L. Status) Once officially off the D.L., player must be either moved onto active roster or placed in reserve on the Monday following his M.L. activation or player will drop from your roster). Players that are drafted who are placed on the D.L. prior to the start of the season may not be placed on the roster D.L. until the
2nd week of the season. The D.L. spots are for the exclusive use of placing players currently on your roster onto the injured list. These slots cannot be used for the 'STASHING' of players.

Eligibility: Players are eligible at their primary position, plus
positions they've played 20 games last year or 5 games this year.
Transactions: • Lineups are set once for the start of each period.
Deadline is 30 minutes before game time on the first day of the period.
• Owners may set lineups and change players' positions.
• Add/drops are handled by a waivers process. Waivers will NOT be reset weekly. Initial waiver order will be in reverse of the draft order and will there after flow continuously (once you make a successful waiver claim, you will be moved to the bottom of the waiver ranking list).
• Trades are subject to a 2 day voting period, where at most 6 objections are allowed. Trades receiving more then 6 objections will be vetoed.
• Trading Deadline: Midnight on 8/27/07.
Last edited by sunils75 on Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunils75
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wkelly91 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:40 pm

I'm interested. ;-D
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -16)

Next