Return to Minor League & College Baseball

My Top 100

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby FalcoAtL » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:22 pm

shortsavage wrote:I bet you'll see Guzman on the cusp of or failing to make some pretty hightly regarded top 100 lists.


Not sure I understand why. He had a decent year.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby shortsavage » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:17 pm

Are you just looking at his PCL numbers?
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2946
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: UC Davis

Postby FalcoAtL » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:50 pm

Ohhhh... I was looking at a site that only had his PCL numbers. Durham he hit .190 in 90 ABs, but is that enough of a slump to cause a top prospect to lose value completely? Its very possible that the trade to TB really caused him to lose his confidence or he may not have adjusted well. I fully expect him to bounce back though.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby FalcoAtL » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:52 pm

garf112 wrote:Everyone has forgotten about Chris Lubanski... His eye got better at the plate, and I see a spike in power that will make him a .300-25 HR- 15 SB guy. He has to be in the top 100.


Actually I didn't forget about him. Someone suggested I remove him. Although I'm not entirely sure he would be ahead of among OF prospects.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby FalcoAtL » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:10 pm

garf112 wrote:thought i had read through all of the posts... guess not ;)

I see plenty of OFers he should be ahead of. Here's 4:
Drew Stubbs
Tyler Colvin
Ryan Sweeney
Anthony Webster


Done.

BTW Stubbs and Webster aren't even on the top 100.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby shortsavage » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:53 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:Ohhhh... I was looking at a site that only had his PCL numbers. Durham he hit .190 in 90 ABs, but is that enough of a slump to cause a top prospect to lose value completely? Its very possible that the trade to TB really caused him to lose his confidence or he may not have adjusted well. I fully expect him to bounce back though.


The PCL is known as a hitter-friendly league, so maybe his International Leagues are a little more telling than you'd think. Also, Guzman has always been a guy who has gotten a pass because he is young for his level. I still think he'll become a major league starter at some point, but he's certainly not looking like someone who will be above-average.

My top 25 is reserved for future stars. My 26-50 is for pretty sure bets to become above-average regulars, 51-100 is average. There's no room for Guzman in my top 50 for sure.

FalcoAtL wrote:
garf112 wrote:Everyone has forgotten about Chris Lubanski... His eye got better at the plate, and I see a spike in power that will make him a .300-25 HR- 15 SB guy. He has to be in the top 100.



Actually I didn't forget about him. Someone suggested I remove him. Although I'm not entirely sure he would be ahead of among OF prospects.


Chris Lubanski does not have to be top 100. But he should at least receive some consideration for it.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2946
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: UC Davis

Postby FalcoAtL » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:10 pm

What does everyone think of Eric Campbell? I really like his potential, but I'm not sure how he ranks among 3rd basemen at this point. He's still only at High A.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby FalcoAtL » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:12 pm

garf112 wrote:thought i had read through all of the posts... guess not ;)

I see plenty of OFers he should be ahead of. Here's 4:
Drew Stubbs
Tyler Colvin
Ryan Sweeney
Anthony Webster


I'm not sure I like him more than Colvin, but I can def. see him being better than Sweeney.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:23 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:What does everyone think of Eric Campbell? I really like his potential, but I'm not sure how he ranks among 3rd basemen at this point. He's still only at High A.


None knows anything about him?
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby shortsavage » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:45 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:
FalcoAtL wrote:What does everyone think of Eric Campbell? I really like his potential, but I'm not sure how he ranks among 3rd basemen at this point. He's still only at High A.


None knows anything about him?


Campbell isn't really in the picture for my top 100 list. I don't think he has the bat to stick at 3B. He was pretty dissapointing in Hawaii, so he could have a little trouble adjusting to the upper levels of the minors.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2946
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: UC Davis

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests