Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:52 pm

Even though nost of those comments were ignorant, I found this one funny:
that guy would take ron artest to school

:-b
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby Madison » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:07 pm

8-o

Amazing the level of stupidity of some people. Banned, so now toss his butt in jail and pay every cent he's got to the ref he hit.

What a loser. :-t
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:59 pm

8-o 8-o

Boo! Yeah he should be fried for that. :-t :-t :-t
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -486)

Postby Coppermine » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:14 pm

Wow, I thought maybe this was a thread about a donkey punch, but that's even crazier!
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -47)

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:35 pm

I remember seeing that show air. That was absolutely pathetic what the basketball player did. :-t
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -786)

Postby Old_Style » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:00 am

ref most've made a bad call
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -218)

Postby Laean » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:17 am

i'm not saying that the player was right to punch the ref, but i do think it should be noted that he most likely did not know that his punch would result in a broken jaw and a 3 hour emergency surgery for the ref. he at most probably thought it'd knock the ref out, if he thought at all while in the heat of the moment.

with that said, he deserves to be suspended and sued. banned? maybe. imprisoned? probably not.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby Coppermine » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:18 am

Laean wrote:i'm not saying that the player was right to punch the ref, but i do think it should be noted that he most likely did not know that his punch would result in a broken jaw and a 3 hour emergency surgery for the ref. he at most probably thought it'd knock the ref out, if he thought at all while in the heat of the moment.

with that said, he deserves to be suspended and sued. banned? maybe. imprisoned? probably not.

That doesn't matter; what, he watched too many movies? He didn't learn, like everyone else did at age 8 not to hit people? Seriously, this guy, a supposed adult, sucker punched a defenseless (and considerably smaller) guy for making a bad call.

Throw him in jail; that's assault at best, attempted murder at worst. What if this guy did die?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -47)

Postby Madison » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:55 am

Coppermine wrote:
Laean wrote:i'm not saying that the player was right to punch the ref, but i do think it should be noted that he most likely did not know that his punch would result in a broken jaw and a 3 hour emergency surgery for the ref. he at most probably thought it'd knock the ref out, if he thought at all while in the heat of the moment.

That doesn't matter; what, he watched too many movies? He didn't learn, like everyone else did at age 8 not to hit people? Seriously, this guy, a supposed adult, sucker punched a defenseless (and considerably smaller) guy for making a bad call.

Throw him in jail; that's assault at best, attempted murder at worst. What if this guy did die?

Sorry Laean, but I agree with Coppermine. The player had zero grounds to punch anyone. There was no reason for the player to turn physical. Also, the ref has the right to do his job without fear of being physically attacked (and possibly killed or handicapped for life) by a player who could not control his temper. The ref also has the right to not be financially hurt in any way for the player's lack of self control.

Ban him? No brainer.
Sue him? Absolutely.
Jail time? Definitely. I wouldn't say anything nuts like the rest of his life, but he definitely needs to learn that there are severe consequences for severe actions such as that one.

On a personal level, that player is nothing but a scumbag loser. :-t
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk