Return to Baseball Leftovers

Big mistake by Yahoo. Very uncool.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:28 pm

Kenny Rogers hasn't had a CG all year. He's had like five total in the past five seasons. It sucks Yahoo made a mistake and these mistakes are more annoying when they accidentally tack on a HR or RBI. But a CG stands out and a CG by Kenny Rogers really stands out! How did you not check the box score? Oh well, chalk this one up to experience. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:55 pm

Amazinz wrote: How did you not check the box score?

Bingo. ;-D

Especially since it's so important. :-? I'm in all roto leagues this year and I still check every single box score every single day. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1)

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:00 pm

Amazinz wrote:How did you not check the box score?

Exactly. I always check both Yahoo and Sportsline whenever I'm interested in the day's happenings.
KoopaTroopa211
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tavish » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:16 pm

Not really Yahoo's fault. They get their statistics from STATS, Inc. They don't do much other than dump the stat feed into a pretty layout.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 13)

Postby wrveres » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:20 pm

Tavish wrote:Not really Yahoo's fault. They get their statistics from STATS, Inc. They don't do much other than dump the stat feed into a pretty layout.

exactly.

You should be blaming Bill James
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 265)

Postby ScarletP » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:45 am

Madison wrote:
Amazinz wrote: How did you not check the box score?

Bingo. ;-D

Especially since it's so important. :-? I'm in all roto leagues this year and I still check every single box score every single day. :-?

When you are paying for a service like yahoo with stattracker, you'd think they could do a little bit of a better job than the sites that are providing stats for free.

Personally, I am done with Yahoo after this year. Stattracker has been horrible.
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Jury » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:10 pm

superfly wrote:So you're saying Yahoo made a "big mistake" by... correcting a mistake?

He's saying Yahoo made a mistake by giving Rogers the CG in the first place, as he planned his pitching strategy around that.

Shame on Yahoo and STATS Inc. for that boo-boo, and shame on OneLoveBoomer for not looking into such a rare occurance (CG) to make sure it was correct.
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers