Art Vandelay wrote:Use of the word 'ghetto' is getting out of hand. Many things are ghetto, checking your email in the morning isn't one of them.
I don't really get it; or most of them for that matter, some of which are redundant.
In fact, rather than being corporate ghetto, most of them seem more like corporate white trash. Eating sunflower seeds at your desk? Not ghetto but a little gross.
21. You don't like your supervisor and a couple other coworkers and you tell them off on a regular basis and wonder why you haven't been promoted. <the word promoted should be replaced with "fired">
18. You contribute $1.00 to the company spread, eat the most food and take a platter of lunch meat and potato salad home to your family for dinner. <that's not ghetto, it's called being an ass, and most people do this>
How is 1. You don't officially start working in the morning until you read your emails. different from 17. You read your personal emails first and deal with work emails later. ???
13. Coworkers inquire how your father's surgery went that required you to be out for days and you haven't seen your daddy since he left your momma when you were little. <in the corporate world, no one cares about your father or his surgery>
12. Before calling in sick, you rehearse your sick voice and sick story
several times out loud. <I did this when i was was in high school>
8. When you are on a personal call, you laugh so loud your co-workers on the other side of the office come and ask you what's so funny. <no one cares what's so funny, but they do want you to shut up>
5. The only time your man/woman picks you up from work is on payday. <I don't this one... you can't drive yourself? Your significant other want to mooch? Huh?>
3. Not only do you know all the security guards, janitors and cafeteria workers, ONE OF THEM HAS ASKED YOU OUT. <Soooo ghetto>
I'm sorry bigken, I have to give the ghetto corporate list a
You're still cool though
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....