Return to General Talk

United States of America v. $124,700 in U.S. Currency

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:56 am

If someone stole 125,000 from me and didn't give it back for 3 years I'd go postal
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:20 am

acsguitar wrote:If someone stole 125,000 from me and didn't give it back for 3 years I'd go postal

If you had $125,000 would you carry it around with you in a cooler wrapped in aluminum foil?
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:44 am

josebach wrote:
acsguitar wrote:If someone stole 125,000 from me and didn't give it back for 3 years I'd go postal

If you had $125,000 would you carry it around with you in a cooler wrapped in aluminum foil?

I'd keep it in my freezer. :-B
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -14)

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:53 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
josebach wrote:

I'd keep it in my freezer. :-B

Which part of Omaha? Isn't it your wife that works for Paypal (I could be mistaken on that)?

Hmmmm........

:-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:16 pm

josebach wrote:

In a former job, I once had to pick up and transfer $140,000 in cash. It was mainly in $20s and $10s with some $100s, $1s, and even quarters. I didn't have a cooler that it would fit in, but I certainly wasn't trying to advertise the fact that I had $140,000 in cash on me I guess if I would have been pulled over for speeding or something they could have taken the money, which would have resulted in me losing my job and my employer losing close to $200,000. The police should not be able to take something that is perfectly legal to own without something more than an assumption to base their siezure on.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -11)

Postby josebach » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:24 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
josebach wrote:

In a former job, I once had to pick up and transfer $140,000 in cash. It was mainly in $20s and $10s with some $100s, $1s, and even quarters. I didn't have a cooler that it would fit in, but I certainly wasn't trying to advertise the fact that I had $140,000 in cash on me I guess if I would have been pulled over for speeding or something they could have taken the money, which would have resulted in me losing my job and my employer losing close to $200,000. The police should not be able to take something that is perfectly legal to own without something more than an assumption to base their siezure on.

How in any way is what you did similar to what the guy in the article did? Unless perhaps your former "job" was drug smuggling?
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:32 pm

josebach wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
josebach wrote:

How in any way is what you did similar to what the guy in the article did? Unless perhaps your former "job" was drug smuggling?

They both were driving with large sums of money, and if AV had been pulled over like the other guy he could have lost his job from what the "laws" allow.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:35 pm

josebach wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
josebach wrote:

There is nothing linking the other guy to a drug crime except assumptions by the police. Having a similar amount of cash on me, I assume that I would be subject to the same assumptions by the police. My job had nothing to do with drugs, it was actually for a bookstore, and the guy in the story has not been linked to drugs either.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -11)

Postby josebach » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:41 pm

See I don't feel either one of those last responses was even remotely rational. If the guy was legally carrying the money as an employee of a legitimate business, it wouldn't have been confiscated. There's no point in continuing this if the responses are going to be as ridiculous as those last two.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:43 pm

I didn't know there were laws against carrying money. Sounds like BS to me.

So I have to have all my money in a bank? Thats unconstitutional
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk