Here's a list of some players that I am avoiding in drafts next year and think will be busts:
1. Loiaza: one year wonder written all over him
2. Schmidt: performance way above anything he's ever done; this year is probably a career year and he has legit injury concerns
3. Ponson: won't be a total bust but won't be more than a back of the rotation guy
4. Dontrelle Willis: League seems to have figured out how to hit with his delivery. Will have an ERA around 4.50 next year
5. Redman: will pay the price for severe overuse this year
6. Wood: ditto Redman
7. Prior: won't be a total bust, but I think he'll wear down at some point. Should win 15 games with a low 3's ERA but won't perform like a first rounder
8. Woody Williams: overused this year, injury prone and getting up there in years. Probably will spend time on the DL next year and see his ERA rise into the mid-3's.
1. Javy Lopez: will either get injured or hit for like a .230 average again.
2. Preston Wilson: this year's numbers will be hard to repeat, and will be overvalued
3. Lowell: probably was a career year. Will be a top 10 3B, but not the elite player he was most of this year
4. Orlando Cabrera: pattern of good year/bad year throughout his career. He's due for a bad year, and probably won't have Vlad in the lineup with him either
5. Michael Young: probably played above his head most of the season. .270-15-60 is probably a more reasonable level for him.
6. Podsednik: never hit above .300 in his lengthy minor league career. Will probably have a hard time gettin on base enough to approach 40 steals again.
7. Juan Pierre: with MacKeon's managerial style, I doubt he will steal as many bases next year. Don't pay for more than 40 steals, not 70.