Return to Baseball Leftovers

League Rules Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

League Rules Question

Postby TaturCity34 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:21 am

Im in a 5 x 5 Vanilla-Roto-Auction-Keeper-League....an in-season free-agent pickup has a $10 salary....There is a manager who inquired about dropping bigger name players (Colon and Weeks in this example) and whether or not other teams could pick them up and have them at the $10 salary.....According to our rules that is legit....I had the same question because I have D.Lee at $35 and I might need to drop him.

It doesn't really seem right that a high price player can be picked up for cheap in a keeper league under any circumstance....Some people in my league asked me to research this, so naturally I came here.....Who can help me?
TaturCity34
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tribefan » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:11 am

If it is legit according to your rules then it is fine. If there is a problem with the rule then change it for next season. You can't change a rule in midseason. That's how we do it.
tribefan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ukrneal » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:18 am

Usually, in auction, if someone is dropped, whoever picks him up has to pay his salary. If no one does, he'll go back into the auction next year.
ukrneal
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -150)

Postby CadensDad » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:34 am

Each league has its own rules. I say if the rules allow it now then it must be so. But you can always change it in the offseason
“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)

Postby mcliffy2 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:46 am

I also think that if no one has taken advantage of this rule yet, there is nothing unfair about changing a rule such as this one mid-season, so long as it is put to a league vote. If others have already made use of this loophole, join em, then petition to change the rule next year.
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers