Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why is there no love for Beltran?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bronxxbomber » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:09 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:
dorje3 wrote:Not to complain, but how about the steals? Until this week he hadn't even attempted a steal in the previous two months (save the all-star game where he stole two). Beltran is one the mose efficient base stealers around, weighing in at a 90-95% success rate. He is healthy enough right now to steal 2 bases a night, if he choses to (or if Randolph choses him to).
Thoughts?

Rickey Henderson would not steal if he was hitting in front of Carlos Delgado AND David Wright.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves now. Ricky was a machine on the bases and with a guy like Randolph behind him I think the only time he wouldn't have the green light was if he was on 3rd base. Moving on, Beltran is the man. And it's crazy to argue who's a much better hitter, between the top 10 or so hitters. I think it's really all about style. Last season I had the chance between Pujols and Beltran in a keeper and you know who I took...Beltran. I was chasing the hr/sb potential I thought he could put up. I think everyone deserves a pass on a season unless they suffer a horrible injury (tommy john or kendall's nightmare). And in real life, Boston probably would love the opportunity to move Manny for Beltran. And that's because Beltran plays solid defense and he swings a good bat.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers