Return to Baseball Leftovers

(False report) Gourriel defection

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby MrSnider » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:53 pm

I think we should clearly place all international players into a draft, either their own international draft or into the draft with the American & Canadian players. This nonsense on big-market teams getting the best intl. prospects is absurd.
MrSnider
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:28 pm

Yuliesky Gourriel Defection Rumor Untrue
Remember how we thought Cuban superstar Yuliesky Gourriel had defected? Not so, according to a couple of sources.

Prensa Latina indicates that Gourriel returned to Cuba on Thursday. And the Westchester Journal News calls the rumor "untrue" (scroll down). Thanks to RotoWire for the tip. Looks like one of the most intriguing free agents is not available, after all.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 21)

Postby Starkmadfan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:33 pm

Prediction

Yankees: Gourriel
Mariners: Matsuzaka
Mets: Zito
Dodgers: Mussina

I actually read that the Yankees wanted Matsuzaka - granted, after that Hideki Irabu adventure......

If the Yanks don't re-sign Mussina................ :-[ :-/ :~( Watch, they'll replace Mussina with <insert name of a pitcher that beat us in the playoffs 5 years ago>........ :-t
Help me out here? : http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2321827#2321827

Artwork by madaslives911
Starkmadfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:34 pm

thedude wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
jbones733 wrote:where would Gourriel play on the yanks ???? w Cano, Jeter & Arod ?

Well, he's only 22 so I think he'll have some adjustment time. He has more upside than Cano imo. Also, isn't AROD getting traded???? lol ;-D

I think it likely that the Red Sox (with aging Lowell and Free Agent Lorretta) would sign Gourriel rather than the yankees.

If Pedroia can move back to SS, and this guy played 2B, that would be a fine duo. :-D ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers