- relatively recent, but never heard a thing about it being in theaters. Definitely a view-at-home trpe film.
- picks up in the middle of 2 Salt Lake City punks in the 80s. No real plot to speak of, just a solid front-story with background flashbacks
Fist of Legend
- Jet Li remake of Bruce Lee's Chinese Connection. I like the new version better. Rates high on many Kung Fu lists. Solid action scenes.
Brotherhood of the Wolf
- French film about a mysterious monster terrorizing the medieval french countryside. 2.5 hrs that probably could have been done in a little over 2, but decent nonetheless.
Bringing out the Dead
- Both got 4 stars from many critics, but little love at the box office. Both are very gritty and incredibly depressing, but what good is a movie if it has no effect on you?
- Funny movie about conflict at a born-again high school
Death to Smoochy
- Great dark comedy about the ultimate do-good naive nice guy kids show purple dinosaur (Edward Norton) inadvertently getting mixed up in the underworld of the kids TV show business. Also has Robin Williams and Danny DeVito. Some good quotes:
"When my brothers and I played cowboys and Indians, I was always the Chinese railroad worker"
Randolph: He's a pillow-biter, you know.
Sheldon: I wouldn't know anything about his sleeping disorders.
"Don't do it, Shel. You rat on Parade of Hope and you'll be lucky if they find your toenails. These guys are the roughest of all the charities."