TheYanks04 wrote:Bosy Billups wrote:Okay, here is reasoning:
1. He is old
2. He would be a perfect setup man for a contender (i.e. Yankees)
3. Is his stuff really all that good?
4. He has a short contract with the Phillies
5. Rumors are running wild about his trade
6. he is really old
1. He is indeed old for a player.
2. He has a reputation of burning out in AUgust (Torre would blow out his arm).
3. Yes, when he is not out of gas.
4. No he does not.
Tom Gordon p
3 years/$18M (2006-08), plus $4.5M 2009 club option
signed as a free agent 11/05
06:$4.5M, 07:$7M, 08:$5.5M, 09:$4.5M club option ($1M buyout
5. Rumors are running wild about a lot of players. The Phils might trade him. but someone has to close next season and they are not likely to find anyone bette ron the free agent market.
Pretty much on point with all 6 categories, here.