Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mark Prior, the bastian of pitching excellence amongst evil

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:41 am

PresHabib wrote:Who spells a word wrong in his own name? Are you talking about me? I wasn't correcting you, i was praising you for using a word like bastian...no sarcasm ;-D

I think he was referring to:

pokeyouindaeye wrote:Bastion...BASTION

Poke you in THE eye. Seems like it was all in good fun though. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nsulham » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:11 am

Yeah no harm meant. I just happen to loathe those people who live just to correct you when you make a spelling mistake. Now if you butcher THE, or AND or something simple, ok then you should be corrected. But I don't hear the term bastion thrown around every day and frankly I was too damn lazy to go to the dictionary last night to check.

But yeah, how about that Prior kid? Had he not gotten hurt for those 2 weeks, we might be looking at the NL Cy Young.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:19 am

nsulham wrote:But yeah, how about that Prior kid? Had he not gotten hurt for those 2 weeks, we might be looking at the NL Cy Young.

Actually, I think the 2 weeks off did him some good. Let him rest up a little. I'm not sure he would have been this dominating if he hadn't gotten a couple of weeks off.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby PresHabib » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:42 am

OHHHHHH I get it. I just see that long name and its a jumble of letters to me, i dont bother to read the whole thing :-b I just wanted to make sure, I have a tendency to say things that get misunderstood.

But yeah, Prior has been nasty. Thankfully, the kid in my league who has him has missed the playoffs and I will get to avoid him ;-D
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby sinicalypse » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:46 pm

people LAUGHED at me when i took prior in the third round of 2 of my 3 drafts. the only reason i didnt have him in the 3rd league is that i was sharing my drafting strategy with my friend's girlfriend's little brother, so i slipped out that prior was atop my pitching list, so one pick ahead of me he nabbed him.

sure someone like esteban loaiza or jason schmidt is the overall #1 pitcher right now.. but hey, for what it's worth,e ven missing a few starts due to injury, i feel justified in my taking prior so early. quite frankily, i cant think of another SP i'd rather have right this very second than mark prior.. and sure other pitchers might have helped me out more earlier in the year, for my money's worth, i want someone who is going to be as close to a sure thing as there is down the stretch while i compete for 1st and 2nd in all 3 of my leagues.

and that is exactly what mark prior is.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby G-Man » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:22 pm

enjoy the comfort zone provided by prior......with all of the volatility amongst SP's this year he is a bonified stud that will carry his owners' staffs.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers