Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need Help! How can I save this team??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need Help! How can I save this team??

Postby jedidave77 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:25 pm

I was in first for all but a couple of days for the whole first half, then fell to 4th in just the last 3 days. It's a 12 team, Roto w/ the standard 5x5 categories. Here is my team:

C: Pudge
1B: P. Fielder
2B: T. Iguchi
SS: F. Lopez
3B: ARod
OF: V. Wells
OF: A. Jones
OF: T. Wiggington
Util: Ibanez
Ben: Thames
DL: Rios
SP: Oswalt, Contreras, Robertson, Lowe, Jer. Weaver, Lester, Willis, Rogers
RP: Gordon, Jenks, Zumaya

I'm projected for about 100 innings over on pitching, so I think I can trade a good SP. The wire doesn't have much: Cliff Floyd, Coco Crisp, Biggio, Javy Lopez, Freel, Matthews Jr. Ray Durham, Burke, A. Beltre; Z. Duke, Radke, Bedard, Lilly, J. Jennings, Buchholz, M. Morris, Meche. Any changes I should make with the wire or trades I should come up with? Thanks for the help, and I will certainly try and help you if you have a post.
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MendozaLineup » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:47 pm

Quick Notes:

- Wiggington only has value really at 2B or 3B - outright drop may be best move
- Infield could be a bit stronger, but it is 12 team
- Jones, Wells, Rios is great OF for 2nd half
- Pitching as whole needs work

- Start with your hottest commodity: Jered Weaver. His stock is ballooning and you could package him with someone to land a more reliable 2nd half stud (Zambrano? Lackey? Oswalt?)
- Drop Wiggington for Crisp. It looks like you need some speed, and Crisp should provide it on an offensive juggernaut (Matthews Jr. is also an option)
- Bedard is intriguing; better risk in my mind than Robertson or Thames (sorry Tigers)
- Contreras, Weaver, Rogers, and Ibanez would be good sell high candidates, though Rogers and Ibanez may be harder to move
- Target some 1st round disappointmentss: How does the Teix owner feel about his first rounder? Is King Felix available? Sheets is due to return at some point, right?
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team