Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trachsel, K. Wells or J. Johnson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trachsel, K. Wells or J. Johnson

Postby Jamescloud16 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:37 am

I've had K. Wells all season. He's only won 5 times but has consistently pitched well (3.80 ERA, 106 K, good WHIP, low opponents avg.). Johnson and Trachsel have won more and with Trachsel's last 4 starts, he's making a nice case for himself. I've considered the fact that he's a Met, but with Piazza back and those rookies playing well, they've got some energy and that 6 game win streak proves it. They won't make any run at anything, but they could help Trachsel win another few games.

Johnson seems to be pretty consistent and the O's offense is in the top 3rd in the AL, so he'll get more wins as well.

Should I try to rotate them? Who should the priority be?
Jamescloud16
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby guest » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:24 am

For now I would stick with Kip Wells. It gets lost in the shuffle that the Pirates have scored the second most runs of any team in the NL since the All-Star Break, behind only the Braves, and many more than the Mets. Wells has had the problem of terrible run support early in the season, but the last couple months, if anyone puts up a decent game the bats will give him some support, which is why Nelson Figueroa is 2-0 right now.

Trachsel gets very few Ks and less run support than Wells. Jason Johnson has been lights out at times, but he tends to follow good starts with terrible ones at random intervals and is too inconsistent to trust. I'd stick with Wells.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:22 pm

I'd stick with Wells also.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby warrick95 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:56 pm

I'd go with Wells, as well. He's definitely the most talented pitcher out of the three and like guest said, the Pirates offense has been surprisingly effective.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -150)

Postby G-Man » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:59 pm

stay with wells. if you want a good laugh, take a look at baltimore's remaining schedule - a healthy dose of the yankees / bosox / a's / mariners / bluejays. simply put - you want nothing to do with baltimore SP's.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Return to Baseball Leftovers