Return to Baseball Leftovers

So Cubbies... Is Dusty gone?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby statsman88 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:02 pm

I think the cubs have a solid team this year really, I just think they need to fire Dusty and bring someone in their that will get on them for playing so bad. He seems like such a laid back nice guy, but the cubs need a motivator to whip em into shape, just like the Tigers did in leyland

The team right now, I don't think is that bad really, they do need a left fielder so murton could be a utility guy, along with nevin, but I think the
guys they have in their right now are good, they just need to be yelled at.
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -6)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby wrveres » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:33 pm

I know you guys are young, but come on its the Cubs. The loveable losers.

to this day, nobody has been able to tell me exactly when, other than the arrival of Dusty Baker, when the Cubs became this yearly contender I have been hearing so much about.

5 winning seasons in 35 years...
FIVE! ..

As for Dusty. I hope he runs away from that organization. Hell he has already quit, and who can blame him. Over the last two years, the Cubs fans have been some of the most disrespectful, digraceful fans I have seen in a long time.

They deserve this losing, they trully do. :-t
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:36 pm

statsman88 wrote:I think the cubs have a solid team this year really, I just think they need to fire Dusty and bring someone in their that will get on them for playing so bad. He seems like such a laid back nice guy, but the cubs need a motivator to whip em into shape, just like the Tigers did in leyland

The team right now, I don't think is that bad really, they do need a left fielder so murton could be a utility guy, along with nevin, but I think the

Cubs fans are funny..

Last year they were pissed off that Dusty didn't play Murton full time, and this year .. ah nevermind ... its a waste of time
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:41 pm

wrveres wrote:I know you guys are young, but come on its the Cubs. The loveable losers.

to this day, nobody has been able to tell me exactly when, other than the arrival of Dusty Baker, when the Cubs became this yearly contender I have been hearing so much about.

FIVE! ..

As for Dusty. I hope he runs away from that organization. Hell he has already quit, and who can blame him. Over the last two years, the Cubs fans have been some of the most disrespectful, digraceful fans I have seen in a long time.

Wow. Talk about generalizations. Kinda like me making a generalization that every member of the 25 club is an idiot. Let's keep the generalizations to a minimum. I've been a Cubs fan forever. I don't like how the team is ran and they have no future/minor league system. Disgraceful fans? How's about loyal to their team no matter how bad they are.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -23)

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:44 pm

wrveres wrote:
statsman88 wrote:I think the cubs have a solid team this year really, I just think they need to fire Dusty and bring someone in their that will get on them for playing so bad. He seems like such a laid back nice guy, but the cubs need a motivator to whip em into shape, just like the Tigers did in leyland

Cubs fans are funny..

Last year they were pissed off that Dusty didn't play Murton full time, and this year .. ah nevermind ... its a waste of time
Like you all in the 25 club not recognizing the fact that Bonds admitted steroids in leaked documents then pointing the finger with your "Quit acting like the MLB is a church" quote. Garbage. A lot of guys are using substances that give them an unfair advantage, not just Bonds. But everyone doesn't have their own club defending a guy who told the truth only because he thought it wouldn't get out. Waste of time...
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:49 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
wrveres wrote:I know you guys are young, but come on its the Cubs. The loveable losers.

FIVE! ..

Wow. Talk about generalizations. Kinda like me making a generalization that every member of the 25 club is an idiot. Let's keep the generalizations to a minimum. I've been a Cubs fan forever. I don't like how the team is ran and they have no future/minor league system. Disgraceful fans? How's about loyal to their team no matter how bad they are.

generalizations?

Can you point me to one thread, any thread where Dusty doesn't get called every name in the book? It has pretty much been the standard around here for the better part of two years. It is a joke.
The guy rattled off 6 or 7 winning seasons in a row, then goes to an organization that hasn't had 5 winning seasons in 35 years. He then proceeds to take the Cubs to the brink of the Series, and then the next year is an idiot, that couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag ..

What ever, I am not buying it ..

You have been a Cubs fan your entire life, I think that is great. But if you have, then you know that the Cubs were an annual 4th place team for decades ... Until Dusty got there

you guys deserve what you get .. sorry but it is true. Don't shoot the messenger
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:53 pm

wrveres wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:

FIVE! ..

generalizations?

Can you point me to one thread, any thread where Dusty doesn't get called every name in the book? It has pretty much been the standard around here for the better part of two years. It is a joke.
The guy rattled off 6 or 7 winning seasons in a row, then goes to an organization that hasn't had 5 winning seasons in 35 years. He then proceeds to take the Cubs to the brink of the Series, and then the next year is an idiot, that couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag ..

You have been a Cubs fan your entire life, I think that is great. But if you have, then you know that the Cubs were an annual 4th place team for decades ... Until Dusty got there

you guys deserve what you get .. sorry but it is true. Don't shoot the messenger
The sad thing is, I don't really expect them to win. 2003, I watched every game I could from August on because they actually had a chance. I'll be a Cubs fan 'til I die. I just hope to see one championship. Of course, every Cubs fan since the 1920's has probably been saying that. I'll support my team no matter what their record is. How is that disgraceful? How is that disrespectful? We suck I know, but not every Cubs fan is that way.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:53 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
wrveres wrote:

Cubs fans are funny..

Like you all in the 25 club not recognizing the fact that Bonds admitted steroids in leaked documents then pointing the finger with your "Quit acting like the MLB is a church" quote. Garbage. A lot of guys are using substances that give them an unfair advantage, not just Bonds. But everyone doesn't have their own club defending a guy who told the truth only because he thought it wouldn't get out. Waste of time...

what Club ? :-o

there is no Club .. its about respect. funny I was just pointing that out too

oh and way to stay on topic. ;-7
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:05 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
wrveres wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:

FIVE! ..

generalizations?

The sad thing is, I don't really expect them to win. 2003, I watched every game I could from August on because they actually had a chance. I'll be a Cubs fan 'til I die. I just hope to see one championship. Of course, every Cubs fan since the 1920's has probably been saying that. I'll support my team no matter what their record is. How is that disgraceful? How is that disrespectful? We suck I know, but not every Cubs fan is that way.

Fair enough,
No one is asking you to change your loyalties.
I also realize that not every Cubs fan acts like an idiot but yes, a great majority of them have been as of late. So much so, that over the last two years they have certainly drowned out the one or two Cubs fans that realize they are an annual 4th place team.
I personally used to be a fan of the Cubs, because of their fan loyalty mostly, but from what I have read over the last couple of years is just sad. Disgraceful, disrespectful, and sad.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:11 pm

wrveres wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:
wrveres wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:

FIVE! ..

generalizations?

Fair enough,
No one is asking you to change your loyalties.
I also realize that not every Cubs fan acts like an idiot but yes, a great majority of them have been as of late. So much so, that over the last two years they have certainly drowned out the one or two Cubs fans that realize they are an annual 4th place team.
I personally used to be a fan of the Cubs, because of their fan loyalty mostly, but from what I have read over the last couple of years is just sad. Disgraceful, disrespectful, and sad.
I've sat in the bleachers before...I know there are idiots...not all of us are like that.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers