Return to General Talk

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:38 am

I watched two episodes last night on FX: "Dennis and Dee Go On Welfare" and "Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom."

I'd have to say they were both hilarious. I see the point that was made about DeVito, but I think he's pretty good in it. Plus it makes for the opportunity to have a lot more plot lines. The latter of the two episodes was particularly clever with almost Seinfeldian twists. The show is also unbelievably crass... the characters are so shallow and mean spirited, that watching it makes me feel like I really am in Philadelphia (j/k! :-D).

In any case, at this point I would highly recommend it as well.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -47)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:07 am

OK, i just saw a few episodes, it's not bad and the girl is kind of hot.

stupid DVR cut-off the last few minutes of Mac Bangs Dennis's mom, anyone care to fill me in. (it cut off right after Dennis confronted Mac after he got turned down)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -115)

Postby WhiteHot » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:15 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:OK, i just saw a few episodes, it's not bad and the girl is kind of hot.

She's pretty good-looking, but I like the following girls better:

Carmen (from "Charlie has Cancer")
Megan (from "Charlie Wants an Abortion")
Rebecca (from "Gang Finds a Dead Guy")

Especially Carmen...I would put in my time too...just like Mac.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Postby Coppermine » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:01 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:OK, i just saw a few episodes, it's not bad and the girl is kind of hot.

stupid DVR cut-off the last few minutes of Mac Bangs Dennis's mom, anyone care to fill me in. (it cut off right after Dennis confronted Mac after he got turned down)

Oh, it was so great... I can't describe it though.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 5 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:19 am

That chick was on Curb Your Enthusiasm (as Cheryl's sister)

http://www.tv.com/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia/mac-bangs-dennis-mom/episode/796952/recap.html
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:45 pm

5 wrote:

That chick was on Curb Your Enthusiasm (as Cheryl's sister)

http://www.tv.com/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia/mac-bangs-dennis-mom/episode/796952/recap.html

nice, i think i remember her from the one where Larry eats the baby Jesus in the manger scene
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The_Met_Threat » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:00 pm

K im gonna try to sum it up, but it would be much funnier if you were able to watch it, anway.

- Dennis Confronts Mac
- Dennis Bi$%^ Slaps Mac
- They fight a little as Dee and Charlie watch from the car
- Dee tells Charlie his date with the waitress is all set up

Dee to Charlie "But how did you know that your mom wouldn't want to sleep with Dennis"

Charlie wondering "Hmm, i guess i overlooked that detail" (funnier on tv)

- Charlie is getting ready for his date at the bar, Mac and Dennis are sulking because they have to do charlie work now.
- Frank (dennis and dee's dad) walks in saying "Hey everyone, your looking at the new Frank" with the waitress walking behind him.

Now i'll do the rest word for word.

Dennis: What the hell is she doing here?

Waitress: What the hell is she doing here? Really? I'll tell you what i'm doing here. You wanna know what im doing here s&%$ for brains?
I had sex with your dad. That's right. I had sex with your father because just like you I like my sex old and ugly. And with fake hair on their heads which falls off when your having sex with them, it just falls off, because thats what you do Dennis Reynolds, you like to have sex with old people. And you said you loved me, you said I love you, and so i thought how do you show love, you go and have sex with old people, so thats what i did too.

Scene ends with Charlie standing their shocked with a single tear in his eye.

:-D Watch it, it will be funnier.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -20)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:46 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:

K im gonna try to sum it up, but it would be much funnier if you were able to watch it, anway.

- Dennis Confronts Mac
- Dennis Bi$%^ Slaps Mac

Dee to Charlie "But how did you know that your mom wouldn't want to sleep with Dennis"

- Charlie is getting ready for his date at the bar, Mac and Dennis are sulking because they have to do charlie work now.
- Frank (dennis and dee's dad) walks in saying "Hey everyone, your looking at the new Frank" with the waitress walking behind him.

Waitress: What the hell is she doing here? Really? I'll tell you what i'm doing here. You wanna know what im doing here s&%$ for brains?
I had sex with your dad. That's right. I had sex with your father because just like you I like my sex old and ugly. And with fake hair on their heads which falls off when your having sex with them, it just falls off, because thats what you do Dennis Reynolds, you like to have sex with old people. And you said you loved me, you said I love you, and so i thought how do you show love, you go and have sex with old people, so thats what i did too.

thanks, i'll have to see when it airs again, FX has an issue with cutting off shows that i record
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby blankman » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:09 pm

WhiteHot wrote:

She's pretty good-looking, but I like the following girls better:

Carmen (from "Charlie has Cancer")
Megan (from "Charlie Wants an Abortion")
Rebecca (from "Gang Finds a Dead Guy")

Especially Carmen...I would put in my time too...just like Mac.

That's disgusting. :-P
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)

Postby Coppermine » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:11 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:

- Dennis Confronts Mac
- Dennis Bi$%^ Slaps Mac

thanks, i'll have to see when it airs again, FX has an issue with cutting off shows that i record

It's because the show runs over; it was on until about 5 after for this episode. Way to go FX for allows some creative control!
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk