Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hasegawa Given Full-Time Closer's Job!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hasegawa Given Full-Time Closer's Job!

Postby flloyd » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:16 am

Read it here. Guess its time for me to finally drop Sasaki.
flloyd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 86mets 4 ever » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:22 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! just traded him for Buerhle, I wish I had heard this 2 hours earlier....
86mets 4 ever

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Hingie » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:41 pm

u've got to feel sorry for Kaz, losing his role without doing anything wrong. But hey, if Shiggy continues dominating, I have nothing against it (look at my avatar)!
"When I was a little boy, I wanted to be a baseball player and join the circus. With the Yankees, I've accomplised both."
Hingie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -5)

Postby warrick95 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:48 pm

That's super. A guy in our league dropped him after Sasaki was rumored to be coming off DL. I scooped Shigetoshi Hasegawa up. ;-D
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -150)

Postby Madison » Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:44 pm

Works for me. :-D I picked up Shiggy a couple of weeks ago for some bonus saves. Guess I'll be keeping him around for awhile. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:35 pm

i love it. the only problem for me was this was announced just after my lineups were set and this is the first week of the playoffs for me. oh well, between shiggy and looper who I probably would have replaced I can't go wrong.

Postby pkarr5000 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:47 pm

NO!!!
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -12)

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:52 pm

I thought this was hilarious.. the fake pitch :P good read about mariners relievers.

"I knew he's a good hitter, so I tried to go with good location," Soriano said of Garciaparra.

Soriano went after him right away with a high mid-90s fastball. Garciaparra swung behind it. He repeated that a second time, and so did Garciaparra. Catcher Ben Davis then set up high for another fastball, but Soriano delivered it low and away for a called third strike.

"I wanted the third one up, but it was the perfect pitch. I'm just glad I got down there to catch it," Davis said. "Not many guys can get the heater past Nomar. He did it three times in a row. He's got a bright future."

Hasegawa, watching from the bullpen, told Soriano later that his third strike "was a fake pitch. That's a good idea. I might use that one."

Hasegawa disposed of his three batters — Manny Ramirez, David Ortiz and Kevin Millar — who have a combined 66 home runs — without any fake pitches. Ramirez, reaching out for an off-speed pitch, popped out to second to end a nine-pitch battle. Ortiz struck out and Millar flied out to center.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:53 pm

whoops I don't know why it didn't quote. ok here is is without the quotes:

"I knew he's a good hitter, so I tried to go with good location," Soriano said of Garciaparra.

Soriano went after him right away with a high mid-90s fastball. Garciaparra swung behind it. He repeated that a second time, and so did Garciaparra. Catcher Ben Davis then set up high for another fastball, but Soriano delivered it low and away for a called third strike.

"I wanted the third one up, but it was the perfect pitch. I'm just glad I got down there to catch it," Davis said. "Not many guys can get the heater past Nomar. He did it three times in a row. He's got a bright future."

Hasegawa, watching from the bullpen, told Soriano later that his third strike "was a fake pitch. That's a good idea. I might use that one."

Hasegawa disposed of his three batters — Manny Ramirez, David Ortiz and Kevin Millar — who have a combined 66 home runs — without any fake pitches. Ramirez, reaching out for an off-speed pitch, popped out to second to end a nine-pitch battle. Ortiz struck out and Millar flied out to center.

Postby pkarr5000 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:53 pm

damnit, i dropped shiggy for kaz a while ago and someone picked up shiggy a few days ago, and has him on the bench!!! and this guy only checks his team once every 2 months!!!! do you see how frustrating this is?? :-t
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -12)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers