eazyb81 wrote: activechamp2006 wrote:
tex is done.. if he didnt have the name he does, hed be a free agent..
Yes, let's completely ignore the past 3+ seasons and base our entire argument on less than 1/2 a season......BRILLIANT!!!!
First year playing fanasy baseball, eh?
To ignore the era we are in and he fact that roid testing is now in play is also silly. I do not know if the guy decided to get off the stufff this year or maybe he is hiding some sort of injury, but if you were writing a list on the warning signs of a de-roided player it would go something like this:
1. Sudden huge drop off in power from prior season(s).
2. Increase in doubles due to warning track power coming more into play.
3. No obvious signs of health problems.
4. Batting avg may drop some, but will not collapse.
5. Lots of excuses about mechanics and approach, all of which prove meaningless.
6. Hat size shrinks.
Only number 6 we have yet to hear about.
You can connect the dots yourself. If he isn't a Beltre/Bret Boone/Javy Lopez/Brady Anderson he is picking a very bad time to pull this garbage.