Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ozzie shoots off at the mouth again

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:34 pm

Zito is God wrote:Theres a big difference between what mariotti said about Ozzie and what Ozzie said about Mariotti. You can say he is bad as a manager, you can say hes making the team lose, you can't attack his sexuality or religion or anything else this country's laws protect and sit there expecting no one to make a big deal about it.

Bottom line: Ozzie's ego is at a point where his head is about to burst, Selig will do something about this and restrain this pathetic attitude. To whoever said he won't manage after 2007, I only hope that is the truth, but I would like to read your arguement as to why.

I'm not getting started on the whole Sean Teracy thing because we know no one will convince the other that they are wrong (although I commend that most at the cafe have enough ethics and decensy to rip Ozzie for the Tracey move).

I hate Ozzie Guillen and wish that he gets what's coming to him (that foul ball going at his head a couple of games back almost did the trick though :()

I didn't read the post because I know the bolded part VERY WELL before that.

We need more Ozzie Guillen to man up, not less.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -246)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:35 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
wrveres wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
Laean wrote:correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't ozzie guillen give some BS about he wasn't upset at tracey for missing blalock, but just talking to him about something else? if he's so "tell it like it is" guy, why hide behind some obvious lie of an excuse like that?

i don't see anything wrong with denying doing something that you would get fined for, but shouldn't get fined for, if you admitted doing that thing.

are you saying .. you should not get fined for ordering someone to throw a baseball 90 MPH at somebody?

maybe I misread

I don't think you should be fined either. Beanings are part of the game. Well they were until recently when baseball started trying to take them away. I contend that certain things deserve retribution, and if I managed I would preach it as well.

Furthermore, I believe that they should ban body armor (with the exception of the ankle guard things) so that it actually hurts to get hit again. Guys hang over the plate because he doesn't hurt to get drilled.

Oh man, I seriously think you're psychotic. First you don't oppose WW III because it would "better the world" then you go around saying how we need to throw at players and wish it hurt them more. Maybe you're from Siberia or something, who knows.
Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -54)

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:36 pm

RugbyD wrote:I would find it much less objectionable (though still objectionable) for Guillen to be suspended for cavorting around with a lawless thug like Hugo Chavez than mistaking a douche for a fag.

Hahaha ;-D
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -37)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Zito is God » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:37 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Zito is God wrote:Theres a big difference between what mariotti said about Ozzie and what Ozzie said about Mariotti. You can say he is bad as a manager, you can say hes making the team lose, you can't attack his sexuality or religion or anything else this country's laws protect and sit there expecting no one to make a big deal about it.

Bottom line: Ozzie's ego is at a point where his head is about to burst, Selig will do something about this and restrain this pathetic attitude. To whoever said he won't manage after 2007, I only hope that is the truth, but I would like to read your arguement as to why.

I'm not getting started on the whole Sean Teracy thing because we know no one will convince the other that they are wrong (although I commend that most at the cafe have enough ethics and decensy to rip Ozzie for the Tracey move).

I hate Ozzie Guillen and wish that he gets what's coming to him (that foul ball going at his head a couple of games back almost did the trick though :()

I didn't read the post because I know the bolded part VERY WELL before that.

We need more Ozzie Guillen to man up, not less.

I assume your re4sponse had many gramatical errors because I did not understand whatsoever.
Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RugbyD » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:40 pm

wrveres wrote:You order someone to hit somebody with a deadly weapon; you should be fined at the minimum

oh come on. you know you're stretching with this one. anbody who can't intentioanlly miss someone's head when throwing at them would not be playing ball.
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -2)

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:41 pm

wrveres wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote: (and for that matter, we had an Asian kid in HS whose nickname was "gook" and he never once got offended).

trust me when I say this .. that kid was pissed off ..
He may not have shown it, but he was not happy about the nic name you guys gave him..

I think you're right. There was a guy in the "cool" group of friends in our school and on our team, a team that had been together since 6th grade. He played it off (same nick) like it was funny for years and one day on the buss, just flipped out, almost kicked a good friends ass and cried. I never called him that and always was amazed some could/did, until that day. He was a bad ass mofo' too. Needless to say, no one ever said it again.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -37)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Zito is God » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:45 pm

Thats the thing. It is quite ignorant to just assume because a person does not show signs that they have a problem with a name calling incident or they don't voice it means they really don't mind. EVERYONE MINDS. Fat people who will never show signs of caring that they are fat and always make fun of themselves and laugh it off still don't like to be fat, don't likwe when they get called fat, and wish they weren't fat. Ignorance= American people's middle name.
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:46 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
wrveres wrote:well I wouldn't look at him as a representative of our country. More as a rep of baseball. I mean heck he gladly hopped on a plane owned by Hugo Chavez right after winning the World Series.
He def. does not represent me ..
I do think a suspension of some sort is in order. The man is out of control. Kenny Williams must be pulling his hair out by now having to deal with the garbage that follows Guillen around. As was pointed out earlier, untrained monkeys could have got that|this team to the playoffs and possibly the World Series. Kenny Williams deserves the credit that Ozzie Guillen takes and rubs in peoples noses in daily.

Guillen is Marge Schott revisited ..
no difference. :-t .

Hmm, I don't know about no diff. to Schott. I mean she was blatantly and admittedly racist, prejudice and discriminating (and a woman). Maybe a little to quick to find a comparable mouth there. I guess we'd have to see him lose for a while to really find out.

I have seen nothing from Guillen to suggest otherwise .. nothing

Guillen as a rep of our country? Sure he is, maybe not in the context you are referring to. There are plenty of immigrants here just to make $ and enjoy our brand of freedom, but despise portions of America's past and present. I think he represents the USA in that he shows just about anyone can come here and be just about any type of person they want to be.
well in that sense everybody is a rep of our country ... including Charles Manson. so yes you would be correct.

One thing I think you have to give Guillen credit for is the handling of his pitchers, specifically the pen.

so becasue he is a good baseball man, it gives him the liberty to walk all over anybody he chooses without care to who he has offended .. I think not

Guillen is a stain on the game of baseball, in very much the same fashion that Marge was ..
Last edited by wrveres on Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby Laean » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:47 pm

RugbyD wrote:
Laean wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
Laean wrote:correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't ozzie guillen give some BS about he wasn't upset at tracey for missing blalock, but just talking to him about something else? if he's so "tell it like it is" guy, why hide behind some obvious lie of an excuse like that?

i don't see anything wrong with denying doing something that you would get fined for, but shouldn't get fined for, if you admitted doing that thing.

first of all, that's your opinion,. it's not a fact or established overall belief that he shouldn't get fined. and two, a lot of ozzie defenders are saying he's just true to who he is and is being straightforward. and now you're saying he doesn't have to be straightforward if in his opinion he was right? well then i guess i can lie whenever i think i'm right too? gee what a fun world we'd live in if we all did that. "hmm i think it's unfair i got fired for being late just a couple of times in my last job, so i'm going to lie on my resume application and say i've never been fired before."

in the real world, people have to be responsible. and basically, ozzie is being irresponsible, and using the excuse that "oh well this is just me" to try to justify everything. he needs to grow the hell up and realize he's not in some elementary school playground now. he's playing with grown ups. maybe he doesn't solely represent the whitesox organization, but he IS representative of it whether he likes it or not. it's like whenever i do something bad, it reflects to other people on my Korean culture, or my school, or whatever, whether i want it to or not, whether i deny it or not.

please update us on the next time you turn yourself in for breaking the speed limit by 2 mph, oh pure one.

hey i'm not perfect. but i try to be as good and respectful to others as i can be. and when (not if) i do make mistakes, i stand up like a man and apologize, instead of giving ridiculous excuses like "oh that's just me." "oh you were offended? well i didn't mean anything by it, so you're being crazy." how you guys can respect ozzie like he's being a real man or something for the way he behaves, when it is the opposite of how a man should act, is beyond me. children do what they want and say what they want, not grown ups living in the real world.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:51 pm

Laean wrote: children do what they want and say what they want, not grown ups living in the real world.

bingo
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers