Page 6 of 10

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:54 pm
by BuckeyeSal
If Wright keeps getting better it will be difficult to keep him behind Arod. The kid is on pace for 35HR, 130RBI 25bags and a 320avg. ARod doesnt' put those numbers up anymore really. Plus Wright still has upside being 24/25 next year. I currently have both Wright nad Crawford and you can not put Crawford(although I love the kid) ahead of Wright currently.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:06 pm
by TB13
BuckeyeSal wrote:If Wright keeps getting better it will be difficult to keep him behind Arod.

You say that as he has gone on a major hot streak. Not too long ago, he was on a cold streak. Wright is going to be a great player. However, he needs to do it over a longer period of time. And to put him ahead of Arod, would mean to put him into a position to be the top overall pick. And he is just not that good. Or at least not yet. Personally, I do not think a time will come when David Wright can be thought of as the best player in fantasy baseball.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:13 pm
by The_Met_Threat
joshheines i dont understand your Mauer comparison. Sure if we were drafting VORP style, hed be a great pick, but in baseball Vorp is less of a factor than in lets say football. The fact that you know Mauer will fall past round 3 because of his numbers, automatically kicks him out of the top 15. His numbers may be damn good compared to catchers, but to other first rounders, they are just terrible. You cant just give him his would be OF numbers and say hed get that, because hes not. A first rounder is supposed to give you a good consistent season, with great numbers, Mauer may give you a great season over the next catcher, but not compared to the whole playing field.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:14 pm
by The_Met_Threat
TB13 wrote:
BuckeyeSal wrote:If Wright keeps getting better it will be difficult to keep him behind Arod.

You say that as he has gone on a major hot streak. Not too long ago, he was on a cold streak. Wright is going to be a great player. However, he needs to do it over a longer period of time. And to put him ahead of Arod, would mean to put him into a position to be the top overall pick. And he is just not that good. Or at least not yet. Personally, I do not think a time will come when David Wright can be thought of as the best player in fantasy baseball.


Maybe not best in baseball, thats reserved for Pujols for a long time, but there will definately be a time where you can say top 3. Maybe even next year we will.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:16 pm
by TB13
The_Met_Threat wrote:Maybe not best in baseball, thats reserved for Pujols for a long time, but there will definately be a time where you can say top 3. Maybe even next year we will.

Personally, I do not think so. IMO, he will be between 10-20. Either way, he's a great player to have. ;-D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:18 pm
by The_Met_Threat
TB13 wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:Maybe not best in baseball, thats reserved for Pujols for a long time, but there will definately be a time where you can say top 3. Maybe even next year we will.

Personally, I do not think so. IMO, he will be between 10-20. Either way, he's a great player to have. ;-D


He was 10-20 coming into the season. After this great start, just wondering why you dont think he can keep this up. The draft will likely be very questionable next year, as its no longer Pujols, A-rod, Vlad, Tiex as it was this year. Its just Pujols, i think Wright will be getting drafted in the top 8 easily next year if he comes even close to keeping this up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:33 pm
by Geek
TB13 wrote:
BuckeyeSal wrote:If Wright keeps getting better it will be difficult to keep him behind Arod.

You say that as he has gone on a major hot streak. Not too long ago, he was on a cold streak. Wright is going to be a great player. However, he needs to do it over a longer period of time. And to put him ahead of Arod, would mean to put him into a position to be the top overall pick. And he is just not that good. Or at least not yet. Personally, I do not think a time will come when David Wright can be thought of as the best player in fantasy baseball.


Well, we're almost halfway done with the season, and he's better than A-Rod in:

HR's (+2)
RBI's (+9)
SB's (+4)
Batting Average (+.55)
On-base percentage (+.12)
Slugging percentage (+.90)
Fielding percentage (+.08)

A-Rod has the edge in runs scored (+6). That's it.

At this point, the burden is on A-Rod to show that he's not the second best 3b in NYC.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:37 pm
by Geek
The_Met_Threat wrote:
TB13 wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:Maybe not best in baseball, thats reserved for Pujols for a long time, but there will definately be a time where you can say top 3. Maybe even next year we will.

Personally, I do not think so. IMO, he will be between 10-20. Either way, he's a great player to have. ;-D


He was 10-20 coming into the season. After this great start, just wondering why you dont think he can keep this up. The draft will likely be very questionable next year, as its no longer Pujols, A-rod, Vlad, Tiex as it was this year. Its just Pujols, i think Wright will be getting drafted in the top 8 easily next year if he comes even close to keeping this up.


The only consensus pick will be Pujols. Some people will have Soriano at #2 and A-Rod at #9, while others will have them reversed.

In keeper leagues, of course, Wright has passed A-Rod --he's about as good right now and he's seven years younger.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:45 pm
by The_Met_Threat
Hes got about .100 Ops on A-rod too. ;-D

Wright is the real deal. 35/30 is quite likely for this year, and maybe hes got 40 HR power in his tool set too. At the same time hes got a nice .320 avg, (i think thats what hell come down too.) In that lineup, 120 rbi seems easy, and he should surpass 100 runs with ease also. Wright is like a Miggy Cabrera with wheels, and Cabrera is "Pujols Lite" as many say. If Cabrera leads Florida and gets to a hitters park, fantasy players will be drafting Pujols, Miggy, Wright top 3 for the next decade or so.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:53 pm
by Geek
The_Met_Threat wrote:Hes got about .100 Ops on A-rod too. ;-D

Wright is the real deal. 35/30 is quite likely for this year, and maybe hes got 40 HR power in his tool set too. At the same time hes got a nice .320 avg, (i think thats what hell come down too.) In that lineup, 120 rbi seems easy, and he should surpass 100 runs with ease also. Wright is like a Miggy Cabrera with wheels, and Cabrera is "Pujols Lite" as many say. If Cabrera leads Florida and gets to a hitters park, fantasy players will be drafting Pujols, Miggy, Wright top 3 for the next decade or so.


David Wright, 6/22/2006: 2 HR, 4 RBI
Alex Rodriguez, all 17 games in June: 2 HR, 7 RBI

;-D