Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Midseason Roto...............WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Midseason Roto...............WHIR

Postby CadensDad » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:35 pm

I wanted to grab me a few midseason teams, Basic 5X5 Roto any thoughts?

Johjima
Konerko
Giles
A.Ramirez
Peralta
Bay
Crawford
Francouer
Helton
Guillen
Jenkins

Clemens
Hamels
Papelbon
Street
Beckett
Kazmir
Hernandez
Willis
Cordero
K.Ray

My pitching has alot of ??? but I'm rather happy with my hitting and if A-Ram and Helton come around I'll be killer. Any thoughts?
“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CadensDad » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:08 am

Well leave your link, I'll help your team out. I have posted a few already so I can do alot Tues.
“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Laean » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:18 am

is it 12 teams? i'm assuming it i, and so:

johjima - ok
konerko - good
giles - good draft low guy.
aram - ok draft low guy
peralta - i don't know about him, as long as you didn't pay much i suppose it don't matter, but he's not as safe as the previous two.
bay - good
crawford - good
francouer - ok
helton - ok, i think his power is basically gone. seems like only thing you can expect from him now are avg.
guillen - jose guillen? i don't like him. carlos guillen? should be starting over peralta at this point. not a bad ss to have at all.
jenkins - one of those infinitely available usable-but-nothing-special FA OF/1B in a league.

clemens - good
kazmir - pretty good (i say that because he's young and they are overworking him, might get worse late in the season)
felix - pretty good (i think he's figured things out now, but still low pitch count and nothing-special-offense should keep his Ws low and Ks below 200)
willis - unless he gets traded and becomes rejuvenated, nothing great. but as a 4th SP, not bad to have.
beckett - ok as a 5th starter.
hamels - ok
papelbon - good, but should get save opps at a slower rate as the season goes on.
street - ok
cordero - chad? good. don't worry about him.
k ray - sure why not?

overall, this is a team that could be either very good or very bad. i'm guessing it'll be some where in between, as some will meet expectations/hopes while some won't.

i think marcus giles, clemens, and felix are the most likely to meet your expectations (you obviously thought they'd improve upon the first half and produce in the 2nd, or else why draft them). kaz, aram, and willis (depending on whether he's traded) have ok chance of improving. peralta and helton i think will disappoint.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby sportsfan1433 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:58 am

i think this is a decent team. Thanks for the help on mine. If your in a 12 team league that is probably a 5th place team. And i agree with the rankings on the last post.
sportsfan1433
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -102)

Postby CadensDad » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:42 pm

Yea it's 12 teams, I grabbed Bay first, he is hot and puts up 5 numbers across the board. Really counting on a few comeback guys
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team