Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kaz Matsui to COL official

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:15 am

Zito is God wrote:Wow, Kaz's first year was nice, now he is in the minors. How the mighty have fallen.


I'm praying that was sarcastic. ;-)

If the Mets aren't covering most/all of Kaz's contract, you'd have to assume Marrero has some kind of disease.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6696
Joined: 23 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:35 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:
Zito is God wrote:Wow, Kaz's first year was nice, now he is in the minors. How the mighty have fallen.


I'm praying that was sarcastic. ;-)

If the Mets aren't covering most/all of Kaz's contract, you'd have to assume Marrero has some kind of disease.


Ed Coleman on WFAN said that the Mets aren't picking up a dime. 8-o
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23712
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:53 pm

I heard it too but I think Eddie C. had a brain fart. Mets ended up paying $4.5M. ;-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:11 pm

I don't mind this trade for the Rockies. I look at it as low risk, high reward.

Kaz goes to AAA to try and regain his stroke, and the Mets pick up his salary anyways. Maybe he can surprise, and it did allow the Rox to bring up Piedra finally!
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4003
Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Postby acsguitar » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:18 pm

avsfan4ever33 wrote:I don't mind this trade for the Rockies. I look at it as low risk, high reward.

Kaz goes to AAA to try and regain his stroke, and the Mets pick up his salary anyways. Maybe he can surprise, and it did allow the Rox to bring up Piedra finally!


Piedra went yard too last night. I like Carroll though better then Kaz Mat.

Is he down in the Springs? Kaz could be someone to look at. I mean maybee NY just wasn't for him.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby number9 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:47 am

We'll see if NY wasn't for him, or he's just not major league calibre. But it's a very low risk gamble for the Rockies, and hopefully the change of scenery was what's needed.
number9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 446
Joined: 2 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: far far away

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:58 am

Works for me.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24837
(Past Year: 282)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:32 pm

acsguitar wrote:
avsfan4ever33 wrote:I don't mind this trade for the Rockies. I look at it as low risk, high reward.

Kaz goes to AAA to try and regain his stroke, and the Mets pick up his salary anyways. Maybe he can surprise, and it did allow the Rox to bring up Piedra finally!


Piedra went yard too last night. I like Carroll though better then Kaz Mat.

Is he down in the Springs? Kaz could be someone to look at. I mean maybee NY just wasn't for him.


Carroll has been a nice surprise this year. I love the attitude he brings to the ballpark to just play the game hard and right. I like him better than Kaz as well, but if Barmes continues to struggles Carroll or Kaz could play SS, while the other plays 2B.

Kaz is in the Springs right now. I guess the plan is for him to stay down there a month and then evaluate what to do with him. I'm sure he'll be up sometime this year.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4003
Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:34 pm

avsfan4ever33 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
avsfan4ever33 wrote:I don't mind this trade for the Rockies. I look at it as low risk, high reward.

Kaz goes to AAA to try and regain his stroke, and the Mets pick up his salary anyways. Maybe he can surprise, and it did allow the Rox to bring up Piedra finally!


Piedra went yard too last night. I like Carroll though better then Kaz Mat.

Is he down in the Springs? Kaz could be someone to look at. I mean maybee NY just wasn't for him.


Carroll has been a nice surprise this year. I love the attitude he brings to the ballpark to just play the game hard and right. I like him better than Kaz as well, but if Barmes continues to struggles Carroll or Kaz could play SS, while the other plays 2B.

Kaz is in the Springs right now. I guess the plan is for him to stay down there a month and then evaluate what to do with him. I'm sure he'll be up sometime this year.


Hopefully he digs being in a laid back environment rather then insanity land of NY.

Also, Colorado is much nicer looking then NY in every way
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:39 pm

Well since he can't field or hit, I can't imagine what all the talk is about. Of course maybe Coors helps him (assuming he is not on the Helton training program), but Colorado basically got what they paid for imo.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests