Return to Baseball Leftovers

Andruw Jones' injury

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Andruw Jones' injury

Postby BeautifulBrunette » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:30 am

I've sat Andruw the last 2 days due to his injury (have been playing Matos in his absence). Is he still slated to return on Tuesday? Anyone hear anything different?
BeautifulBrunette
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Giants Rule » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:33 am

From Fantistics.com:

Aug. 4:
Andruw Jones and his strained rib-cage muscle was out of the lineup again yesterday, the Braves are hoping that he will be ready for tomorrow's game. Bobby Cox said that he will wait and see how Jones feels after today's off day. Jones is still day-to-day.
Giants Rule
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Madison » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:38 pm

Braves: Jones may return Tuesday

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Sunday, August 3, 2003

News
Braves outfielder Andruw Jones, who aggravated a rib-cage muscle strain in Friday’s game, is expected to remain out of the linup until Tuesday. “I could play [today], but I don’t know if Bobby [Cox] will let me,” Jones told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “It’s not going to heal completely until after the season.”

Views
Despite the ongoing injury, Jones has been hitting the ball well of late. Still, Cox has no need to rush Andruw back into the lineup. Expect him to get an extra off day or two the rest of the way as the Braves try to keep Jones healthy for the postseason.

This is what I've found. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Return to Baseball Leftovers