Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why is it..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DK » Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:19 pm

a lot of teams by this time of year look extremely different, and some look exactly the same. much of it depends on how some sleepers (etc. Kevin Brown on one side, and Karim Garcia on the other) play out.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -456)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:44 pm

I've still got the majority of who I drafted in most of my leagues.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:48 pm

I only have 4 guys on my team that i drafted from. 4 outta 22 aint bad lol. Pudge,Wilson, Padilla, Vlad- who i traded just before he went on the DL and got back this week for Berkman straight up.
Most of the fun is trading to me.. getting the players you like.. trading someone who maybe better for someone of lesser value and watching it work out. ex. i traded Ishii early in the year for Clement. I got a lot of bad move statements at the time. Now Ishii is on the DL and Clement has been on fire for over a month now. Thats what makes trading fun!
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Quaker » Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:59 pm

This was my starting lineup for the first full day of baseball. Players I still have are in bold
C- Eli Marrero
1b- Giambi
2b- Durham
3b- Ramirez
SS- Aurilia
LF-Pujols
CF- Wells
RF- Abreu
IF- Dunn
Util- Ibanez

Bench- Corey Patterson, Marlon Byrd, Erstad, Michael Cuddyer, Tino Martinez

SP- Millwood, Wolf, Mulder, Buerhle, Sabathia, Lilly, Kip Wells
RP- Foulke, Mantei

My starting lineup is pretty much intact, while my entire bench is gone. I dropped Marrero early and rode Matheny for a while before picking up Hernandez. I traded Erstad for Vidro, who was my starter until he started getting hurt. I moved Pujols to third after Ramirez sucked more than I thought he was going to, and traded Patterson and Sabathia for Brian Giles to put in LF.
I also picked up closers along the way.
My draft team is basically intact though as all the key players are still with me, and it's been doing well
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Arlo » Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:40 am

Jack-In-A-Box wrote:I only have 4 guys on my team that i drafted from. 4 outta 22 aint bad lol.

Wow - that's a lot of wheeling and dealing. 8-o

I can think of four guys who have been on my team for four years now...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1472)

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:10 pm

Arlo wrote:
Jack-In-A-Box wrote:I only have 4 guys on my team that i drafted from. 4 outta 22 aint bad lol.

Wow - that's a lot of wheeling and dealing. 8-o

I can think of four guys who have been on my team for four years now...

Yes it is a lot of wheeling and dealing.. But i totally changed my strat mid season and it meant making a lot of deals. My offense was iffy to start the season.. and still somewhat is because of Soriano,Tejada but my pitching is what is completely different. I went for a stronger offense 2nd half and got rid of all my big name starters. So far it has turned out good for me. I now i have a 1 game lead after this past week. 2nd place guy lost by 3.5 pts. Avg score of the league is about 330 pts a week. So this put me ahead by 1 game. But i like to think that with all my moves i have greatly improved my team even though i dont have the big names i once did on pitching. It may sound funny but my best SP's have been L.Hernandez and Clement and Padilla. Smoltz is my closer so it doesnt get better than that. We'll see if i can hold on to 1st!
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers