Return to Baseball Leftovers

Corey Patterson/Frank Thomas

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:21 am

In my points league patterson isn't worth anything since OF is so deep.

However, Thomas is. I picked him up just to start him at UTIL last night over Aramis who wasn't playing. He hit a bomb so I'm happy!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:18 pm

Patterson always had potential with the Cubs. Then he had the injury in 2003 and never recovered IMO while in Chicago. He is playing nicely and I think he can keep it up.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby bceagles04 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:12 pm

I picked him up while Rowand was injured so that he could be my stay on the bench, and sub in as a 4th OF.

Then Pierre kept sucking, and Patterson has beautifully played his way into my lineup.

With that way he is playing, I could see him staying there as I am looking to trade Pierre to someone
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HYLRedSox » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:10 am

Once Patterson cracked that OF in Baltimore and played well, he has been solid. I'm mad that my buddy snagged him a day or two before I was going to. There's no way this guys SHOULDN'T snag 50 bags. He has 21 already. He's also hitting a respectable .291 in 141 (will go down tonight after an 0-5 night). His OBP is a .340, which isn't bad, so the opportunities will be there. And as people have said, he's basically running anytime second is open. He certainly could be a candidate for WW gold of the year.

As for Thomas, I was eyeing him early as a possible sleeper candidate. But then his average couldn't get above the .220 range. He's batting .364 with 3 homers and 6 RBIs the last week, so he's clearly on a bit of tear. Another homer tonight puts him at 13. The power is obviously there, but I'd like to see that average raise a little bit. If it does, I may be inclined to grab him.
HYLRedSox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers