Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thank You Tejada!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby G-Man » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:45 pm

I like getting a whole heck of a lot of nothing from Tejada than i liked getting a whole heck of a lot of nothing from Rollins! Makes my team look better on paper is about all Tejada has done for me this year

LOL, well said Jack! it's somehow easier to handle a big name struggling because even as he does so, he is still if nothing else making your team look "potentially dangerous".
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GSes » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:58 pm

Like I said Tejada busted out last year at this time and there is no reason why he wont do it again.

Im not saying another MVP, at least not yet. Talk to me in a month.

But Tejada is clutch and the A's are going to win the AL West
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Leiter Fan » Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:02 pm

I'm still happier having Renteria on my team!!!
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GSes » Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:30 pm

Well if ur such a Tejada hater and want to fet rid of him then drop him. Ill gladly pick him up.

ALSO All the Zito talk well yesterday was a tough day but prior to that he has had worst look then Hudson.

His era going in to yesterday was 3.19, last time i checked that was a great ERA and sixth best in the AL. In 23 starts he has gone 7 or more innings 12 times, and allowing 5 hits or less 17 times. Zito allowed 2 runs or less 14 times and allowed one run or less 8 times, also there have been occasions were a RP came in while inheriting rummers and gave hits to charge Zito with runs. Going into the Yankees game opponets were batting 219 against him.

Look at Zito 4 prior starts to the Yankees

VS Orioles, 8 inings, 4hits, left score 0-0. Zito ND!

VS Twins, 8 inings CG, 3 hits, Zito loss!! He also had like 10 K's.

VS Mariners, 6 inings, 3 hits (he did walk 6), Zito loss

VSAngels, 7 inings, 4 hits, left score 0-0, Zito ND

As u can see other then the Mariners game and the 6 BB and of course yeaterday against the Yanks, Zito has been on the wrong end anbd has had some bad luck
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:41 pm

GSes, Im not a hater of Zito.. im a hater of the Oak( lack of) offense. I finally got sick of it and traded him. Like i said yesterday and a couple times before..When Zito pitches he gets little to no run support. And the games he got run support were the games he'd have an "off" day. So it was a lose lose situation that i didnt want to have on my team anymore. If i was on the outside looking in though.. and someone else in my league had Zito.. i'd be tryin hard to get Zito because i woulda thought to myself i havent gone through what he has with Zito. Buy low theory. Instead i had suffered enough with Zito and sold.. i still got market value tho in Chipper,Miller. So, if you cant get a fair deal i'd hang on to him. All i know is im glad i got that headache off my team.. no more thinking i should get a nice W today while Oak plays Det and come to find out Oak cant give him even 1 run. Noooo Spank you!
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby pkarr5000 » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:44 am

i would have been happy if foulke got the win too ;-D
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -12)