Return to Baseball Leftovers

Freddy Garcia

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Freddy Garcia

Postby sigh... » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:13 pm

"He’s worth holding onto, because if he can turn it around, he can be a top-flight pitcher."

"Garcia has the stuff, he's bound to put up another hot streak, it's a matter of when and if you're willing to wait for it."

What a bunch of bull! Is Freddy riding the pine worth it or is it time to show him the door? Is another June performance a possibility or just wishful thinking?
sigh...

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby pkarr5000 » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:24 pm

at this point in the year, freddy sanchez is more valuable than garcia. just forget the guy, i dont know why you drafted him in the first place. i wish he could get traded so they could bring soriano to the rotation and i would have another ace to accompany dontrelle and rich ;-D
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Freddy Garcia can kiss my @ss

Postby ondeckb » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:41 pm

sigh... wrote:"He’s worth holding onto, because if he can turn it around, he can be a top-flight pitcher."

"Garcia has the stuff, he's bound to put up another hot streak, it's a matter of when and if you're willing to wait for it."

What a bunch of bull! Is Freddy riding the pine worth it or is it time to show him the door? Is another June performance a possibility or just wishful thinking?

If you wish upon a star.......dump his butt now!!!!
"Ninety feet between bases is the closest man has ever come to perfection"
ondeckb
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -10)

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:56 pm

Been hearing some rumors that he'll be taken out of the rotation. Anyone else hearing this? Who would be his replacement?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby BillyMafia » Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:24 pm

I dropped him for B Penny this morning.
BillyMafia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bman » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:05 am

just dropped freddy f'n garcia for francisco cordero.....lets hope it pays off, i'm sure it will
bman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby IchiBalls » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:14 pm

Anonymous wrote:Been hearing some rumors that he'll be taken out of the rotation. Anyone else hearing this? Who would be his replacement?

I havent heard any rumors like that, but if he were to be replaced it probably would be Rafael Soriano, or Julio Mateo who pitched about 5 great innings of long relief for Freddy.

As much as the Mariners are paying him (not willingly, Freddy won arbitration) it's hard to send him down to the minors, but I think that's what they should do. The pitching coach told the media that he's tried everything. That didn't sound good.
IchiBalls
College Coach
College Coach

Article about Garcia leaving the rotation

Postby warrick95 » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:18 pm

Here's a new article up on Fanball concering this situation.

Mariners: Garcia gets one more start to avoid pen

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Sunday, August 3, 2003

News
Seattle pitcher Freddy Garcia, who has been downright awful of late, will be given one more start in an effort to turn his season around. Mariners manager Bob Melvin and pitching coach Bryan Price weren’t able to find evidence that Garcia is tipping his pitches, leaving flaws in Garcia’s mechanics as the primary cause for his struggles. Rafael Soriano is the likely candidate for the rotation if Garcia gets demoted.

Views
Garcia hasn’t had a quality start since July 10, allowing 25 earned runs in his last 15 innings. If the M’s kick him to the pen, there’s no reason for you to keep him on your fantasy club.

Dammit, Rafael Soriano was already picked up in my league. :-t
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -150)

Postby Madison » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:55 pm

One more shot. If he gets rocked again, it's off to the pen. 8-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby icalderus » Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:19 pm

madison, would you reccomend picking up soriano (Im assuming garcia is gonna bomb). besides, whos garcia gonna face next?
icalderus
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers